Senior Analyst, Credit Strategy
Senior Credit Strategy Analyst
Who we are?
We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs, support local communities and power economies - because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realize their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in
130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000
jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There's never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let's build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
The Risk and Analytics teams play a crucial role to Funding Circle. They ensure our borrowers and investors get what we promise, use data and modelling to provide insights to the rest of the business, control and monitor the risk within our processes ensuring that we always deliver and they help us make data driven decisions to guide our strategy.
The Credit Risk team
Funding Circle's Credit Risk team is hugely influential to our overall lending process. They look at measuring our risk, optimising our credit risk funnel and forecasting the performance of our loan portfolios. To do this, they work globally with the credit risk modelling, engineering, data management, capital markets and business operations teams to truly understand our objectives and shape analytical solutions.
What you will be doing:
- Deliver value for Investors and Funding Circle through optimization of the credit strategy:
- Think up new credit strategies and support in shaping them analytically with attention to details. Measure impacts and be open to iterate.
- Look at things like our pricing, policies, projections and monitoring defaults.
- Be an excellent communicator and presenter. Turn complex analysis into simply articulated visions / insights.
- Conduct rigorous statistical analysis, forecasting and data mining of various datasets to shape and guide decision-making across a number of strategic areas
- Identify, develop and maintain key relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Have a clear and relentless focus on delivering business results
- Be comfortable challenging the status quo
- See projects right through to completion, by leading on the implementation efforts and
developing ongoing monitoring plans
It would be advantageous if you have:
- At least 5+ years' experience in a risk strategy setting, ideally within SME or retail lending environment
- Proven track record of driving strategic changes within an organisation
- Exceptional problem solving skills using logical reasoning and analytical methods
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Working knowledge of SQL
- One other programming language (R, SAS, Python)
Why should you join us?
We're gearing up for our biggest chapter yet - and it's being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it's target-driven and high-octane - but we like to play hard too. That's what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we'll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build
It's in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build The Incredible? We'd love to hear from you.