Cerulli Associates (CA) is a global research and consulting firm specializing in product and distribution analysis for the global asset management industry. Since 1992, we have blended primary research and data analysis to bring perspective to current market conditions and forecasts for future developments. With a suite of research publications, an interactive data platform, and custom research and consulting offerings, we provide financial services firms with unparalleled guidance in strategic positioning and new business development.
Headquartered in Boston, Cerulli has regional offices in London and Singapore. Our clients include virtually all of the top 50 global asset management firms, as well as industry service providers, management consulting companies, banks, broker/dealers, insurance companies, investment consulting firms, and private equity firms.
This position is based in the London Office in the Institutional practice and reports to the Associate Director, Institutional. Areas of greatest focus include researching opportunities and challenges facing institutional asset managers, investment consultants, and European Institutional investors (e.g., defined benefit plans, endowments, insurers, etc.).
This role has extensive analysis, data modeling, and writing responsibilities. Successful candidates are analytical and quantitatively-oriented, exhibit strong writing skills, work autonomously, are adaptable and comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously, and seek to build deep industry expertise. They are also hardworking, persistent, and enthusiastic individuals with a passion for the financial services industry, and research and analysis.
The position offers significant industry exposure, including interactions with senior executives throughout the industry, coverage in industry publications, and potential to present at conferences and events.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead research initiatives for annual research reports and contribute to the Cerulli Edge monthly and quarterly publication
- Author research report content related to emerging industry trends
- Build quantitative surveys and models, including survey design, data gathering, data modeling and analysis, and exhibit creation
- Conduct ongoing qualitative research related to report themes
- Manage report projects and deadlines
- Solicit and interview senior executives about emerging industry trends
- Manage partnerships with industry trade associations and publications
- Assist account managers with client inquiries related to the practice’s research content
- More than 5 years of experience in financial services, related to institutional asset management
- Exposure to institutional asset management products and portfolio construction
- Knowledge regarding various types of institutions and other market constituents, including investment consultants
- Superior writing skills
- Aptitude for synthesizing research, identifying trends, and providing commentary on relevant industry issues
- Strong attention to detail and emphasis on accuracy
- Ability to effectively work on several projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Excel; able to manipulate, and analyze sizeable amounts of data
- Preference is for a candidate with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or economics
- Must be eligible to work in the UK