Checkout.com is one of the most exciting fintechs in the world. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We're the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That's why we're on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and a Great Place to Work accredited company. And we're just getting started. We're building diverse and inclusive teams around the world - because that's how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. Join us to build the digital economy of tomorrow. Job Description
Checkout.com is actively looking for a driven and agile Senior Analyst, Safeguarding to join our growing Finance team. Working as part of our Treasury function, you'll support the reconciliation of safeguarding relevant funds. Evolving in a high-pace and
multifaceted environment, meticulous attention to detail will be key.
The ideal candidate will be a dedicated, laser-focused and highly organised individual, not shying away from high volume of work. You must be a teammate when it comes to getting the job done and assisting wherever you can. How you'll make an impact:
- Improve processes, maintain and increase reconciliation adaptability and introduce controls
- Perform automation work and support new product projects alongside cross-functional teams
- Support the implementation of automation initiatives
- Support Reconciliation leadership with ad-hoc tasks (e.g. breach input) and regular critical metric dashboards
- Be an SME in reconciliations, safeguarding policy, systems and tools of online payment transactions, apply commanding knowledge of safeguarding processes to balance priorities in project delivery
- Assist with training of junior staff and updating process documentation
- Support the team on audits both internal and external.
- Continually develop skills and knowledge in line with business growth and expansion
- Reconcile Checkout.com 's safeguarding relevant funds position across multiple legal entities and in compliance with regulatory requirements and CKO's safeguarding policy
- Identify discrepancies, the respective root causes, and take action to eliminate and prevent any such in perspective
- Connect with internal and external partners to resolve queries in an effective and timely manner
Additional Information Apply without meeting all requirements statement
- University degree in a numerical subject (and strong academic record) or 2+ years' work experience in reconciliations in a high-volume transaction environment
- Very good knowledge of MS Excel (Formulas, PQ or VBA)
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work with large data sets with skill and confidence
- Consistent track record to find end-to-end solutions to issues and work cross-functionally and with remote teams
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in an evolving environment and often shifting priorities
- Proficiency in English and excellent communication skills at all levels
- Ability to self-manage individual projects of high complexity and automate manual tasks within the team or department
- Ability to establish relationships with key partner groups to achieve business outcomes and improve efficiency of processes
- Fast learner, able to work independently and with minimal direction
- Basic understanding of protection/custodianship of customer assets (e.g. Safeguarding or CASS)
- Basic knowledge of regulatory frameworks such as CASS, EMI/PI or banking regulations desirable
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values. We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world - and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we'll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We'd love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We'll be happy to support you. Take a peek inside life at Checkout.com via
- Our Culture video https://youtu.be/BEwnpHuadSw
- Our careers page https://www.checkout.com/careers
- Our LinkedIn Life pages bit.ly/3OaoN1U
- Our Instagram https://www.instagram.com/checkout_com/