This role is to cover all aspects of Capital monitoring and reporting using Axiom and existing reporting tools to build and enhance a robust control framework as well as to assist with more junior members of the team.
The incumbent will be a member of the Regulatory Reporting team and will be driving enhancements in the control environment and will be responsible for using their knowledge of the Regulatory framework to critically appraise processes, ensure compliance and to drive initiatives for optimising capital as well as driving other business initiatives. The reporting tasks will include completion of COREP and other regulatory returns.
•Production of prudential regulatory reporting for the UK and European CM entities, ensuring efficient production processes, accurate and timely reporting and review.
•Ensuring effective control and robust governance structures and reporting review. Ongoing development of process control strength and identification of potential processing risks and their remediation.
•Support the Associate Director in managing the Regulatory Reporting production team.
•Timely and accurate production of key daily, weekly and monthly reports to internally defined SLA’s. These reports include, but are not limited to: Capital Adequacy (by business), Large Exposures and Leverage Ratio.
•Linkage of movement in metrics to business areas and products to identify drivers of material movements with supporting root cause analysis. Commentaries to capture salient points relevant to the users of the reports and presentation of commentary to senior management.
- Assist with projects across teams related to identifying and enhancing controls / streamline existing processes accompanied with documentation.
- Assist in creating and ensuring the team adheres to UK Regulatory Reporting internal policies.
AUTHORITIES, IMPACT, RISK
- Supporting all London businesses through effective management of regulatory framework changes and timely, accurate PRA reporting.
- This role is high impact, as global regulatory standards for banks have become increasingly complex and granular.
- Highly visible role with the multi-regional businesses and Functions
- Fast pace/work under pressure
- Managing multiple projects and responsibilities, requiring a broad scope of knowledge
- Operating with ambiguity around regional regulatory ,economic and business events impacting the organisation
- Reports to Associate Director, Regulatory Reporting
- Head of Regulatory Reporting
- UK CFO
- Head of Financial Control
- Corporate Treasury
- Finance IT
- Trading Desk/Front Office
EDUCATION &/OR EXPERIENCE
- Extensive experience working in a reporting or control environment and experience of regulatory reporting requirements
- Knowledge of Capital Markets products notably: cash securities, repos and derivatives
- Strong understanding of regulatory rules Basel III, CRD IV, CRD V, CRR.
- Finance qualification (ACA/CIMA/ACCA/CFA) will be beneficial to this role because of the focus on creating a strong control environment
- Experience of management of regulatory reporting team
- Use of Regulatory Reporting Software (Axiom)
- Competent working knowledge of VBA
- Experiences with preparing ICAAP, Pillar 3 and BoE statistical reporting.
- Excellent communication and presentational skills (written and verbal)
- A self-starter with ability to work on own initiative
- Problem solving abilities
- Strong emphasis on risk mitigation and controls
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Attention to detail and good organisational skills
- Team player
- Good I.T skills – including data manipulation skills in Excel and other applications.
- Strong understanding of Banking and the UK/ European Regulatory Framework
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Knowledge of financial products