- £46,000 - £65,000
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- BSM Group
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
BSM Group are representing a client seeking a Senior Associate to lead on projects within the insurance market.
- Developing a supervision strategy, and implementing plans and actions arising from that strategy in order to mitigate and manage the risks, ensuring the approach taken offers value for money (e.g. considers economy, efficiency, and effectiveness).
- Influencing firms to change their conduct and culture to deliver better outcomes for their customers, this will include engaging with and challenging C-Suite Executives and Board members.
- Preparing sensitive or complex written documents (e.g. to a firm or sector) and managing broader communication plans to deliver key messages internally and externally.
- Escalating material issues as appropriate – including proposing appropriate, outcome focused solutions to the company’s management and relevant governing committees.
- Reviewing and quality assuring the work of others, providing feedback and coaching, to ensure the team meets quality standards.
- Providing cover for others on the team as and when required.
- You will obtain a unique insight into the workings of firms across the sector, and have the opportunity to influence firms’ senior management and behaviour.
- Work in a high profile and interesting sector, within a supportive environment that seeks to apply a growth mind-set and develop individuals to their full potential.
- As an Academy business we place great value on your learning and we offer world-class development opportunities which will assist you in achieving your career aspirations. Our Academy offers you a range of opportunities for personal and professional development, including our MSC in financial regulation, Future Managers Programme, sponsored study and more.
- The ideal candidate with have a background in insurance, policy/supervision or regulatory
- Analytical capabilities – able to assess, challenge and validate information, and make sound judgements about action or escalation required in a timely manner.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral – able to communicate key messages and explain complex issues clearly and concisely.
- Ability to influence others – able to offer constructive challenge, deliver strong messages and to respond to challenge effectively.
- Commercial awareness – understanding of the macro-economic environment and how this may influence the behaviour of firms.
- Financial analysis – knowledge of the prudential regime and the ability to analyse firms’ financial information.
- Teamwork and collaboration – able to work effectively with others as part of a team in order to achieve desired outcomes.
- Organisational skills and ability to manage competing priorities – you will need to manage a challenging workload, that may change at short notice.
- Internal & external stakeholder management – able to build effective working relationships to support the delivery of supervisory objectives.
- Breadth of knowledge across the financial services sector – wider knowledge of other sectors including general insurance, banking, asset management, intermediary, and platform operator’s.
- Project management skills – proven experience of managing projects to time cost and quality
- Degree level qualification and fully qualified in relevant professional qualification
For any more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org