Senior Associate - Industry Solutions (Commercial Research and Development) in EMEA
Are you a proactive and autonomous analytical thinker that likes solving customer challenges? Do you enjoy leading client meetings and public speaking? Are you a detail-oriented team player that is comfortable with data analysis?
The Senior Associate of Industry Solutions in the EMEA region will be a subject matter expert and sales engineer in a consultative sales approach to solving our client's challenges by helping them apply our Maritime & Trade services to their business specific needs. We're looking for a Senior Associate, within the Maritime & Trade Division to:
- Be a subject matter expert supporting our UK and regional sales teams.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of our data and products and services
- Partner with the sales organization in a sales engineering role to identify potential buyers and develop proposals that speak to the relevant persona and vertical market
- Work with clients and prospects to apply our solutions to their business challenges
- Effectively project manage internal business process improvements projects
- Provide on-site customer workshop: requirements gathering, configuration, and training
- Provide sales colleagues enablement and on-boarding support
- Work with the marketing teams to drive vertical specific messaging and campaigns
- Monitor industry competitors and adjust messaging accordingly
- Manage the implementation for large customers that were sold because of your presales sales engineering support efforts
- Oversee the development of monthly data stories that are topical and demonstrate the value our data brings to our customers top line growth of bottom line cost reductions
- Intimately understand the customer base by vertical and persona
- Understand and demonstrate the benefits and features of IHS Markit Maritime & Trade solutions
- Collaborate with sales team and generate action plans to secure revenue on renewals
- Responsible for facilitating new business sales of over $2.4m per year
- Responsible for securing subscription renewals of over $600k per year
- Oversee the completion of customer RFQ's and RFP's
- Provide weekly progress reports of your current pipeline to management
You will be working in the Industry Solutions Team in UK and the EMEA region. The regional team of three IHS Markit Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) will be in regular contact with sales team members to support them in providing pre-sales solution expertise to close new deals. You will be client facing. Your pre-sales expertise will be integral to close new business with two distinct IHS Markit selling motions (1) a Seed & Expand sales motion to grow our existing account base and (2) Strategic sales motion, where you will position to new customers executive, C-Level. In the Seed & Expand selling motion, you will work with an existing customer base to position and demonstrate the solution during needs assessment and proposal stage. During strategic sales, you will be the expert that demonstrates an integrated IHSM engineering solution during an on-site business operations workshop with actual customer requirements and data. You will also be involved in securing renewals and support Sales team expanding existing clients with new relevant offerings. Your expertise
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 3-5+ years in business intelligence sales support activities, ideally with content
- A solid understanding of trade information business and tools available for analysis
- Proven track record of delivering trusted sales support
- Strong Spanish skills are strongly preferred
- 2+ years' experience with industries involved in merchandise trading
- 2+ years' experience with a background in commodities or energy
- 2+ years' experience in the maritime industry or with vessel tracking data
- Familiarity with freight forward agreement or freight rates a plus
- Previous Project Management experience a plus
- Product Management experience beneficial
- A fast learner, able to employ a curriculum of training resources to learn, reinforce and apply knowledge to your role
- A strong public speaker, seeking to articulate complex concepts in a concise and meaningful way
- Proactive, driven, and goal oriented
- Strong socially and keen on building relationships across teams and with customers
- Detail oriented and comfortable with data analysis and reporting
- Comfortable with occasional travel
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.