Senior Associate - Pricing (London or Dublin)
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.22 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,000 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
The position is within the Investment Operations department of PIMCO, responsible for all operational support to the Investment Business, including oversight of our outsourced partner.
The successful candidate will be the sole expert in pricing for EMEA, working closely with the US team and overseeing our pricing vendors. You will be responsible for supporting our investment business, answering all pricing queries, engaging with internal and external stakeholders and delivering change.
In terms of career growth you will have the opportunity to be proactive, resourceful and must be able to communicate with a variety of stakeholders across the globe. As this role requires direct interaction with Portfolio Managers, Account Managers, Pricing Vendors, State Street IMS and Custodian Banks, you have all the benefits of learning about the business as a whole, through direct exposure to these elements. If desired, there will be the potential to cross train on other Investment Operational functions.
Essential Job Functions
• Assist with daily security price validation by researching and resolving discrepancies as it relates to FI Securities.
• Assist with testing and launch of new ETF funds.
• Oversee daily production of iNAV by 3rd party vendor and required reports.
• Perform daily ETF website checks.
• Interact with back office, pricing vendors and custodian banks on a daily basis.
• Assist with audit related reporting or research.
• Assist with Pricing Committee, Board Reporting and research.
• Interface effectively with PIMCO's Trade Floor, Middle Office, Fund management and Custodians.
• Assist with external client's inquiries.
• Enhance analysis and reporting by leveraging data analytics. Position Requirements: Requirements
• University degree in Finance, Business or related field
• 3- 5 years of experience in investment operations, accounting, security pricing operations or a pricing vendor.
• A self-starter, able to work independently.
• Strong project management experience a plus.
• Security level knowledge of investment instruments, including fixed income and derivatives
• Advanced MS Excel skills and a good level of PowerPoint
• Bloomberg experience a plus
• Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Commitment to quality and attention to detail; ensuring that the work product is delivered completed, accurately, and on time
• Strong analytical and mathematical abilities
Please note: we are open to hiring for this role in either our London OR Dublin office Benefits:
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office