My client is a well-established and highly successful global alternative investment manager with over 20 offices globally. With a strong track record of delivering consistent and strong returns for its clients, the company is a recognised market leader, offering a professional and positive working environment. Their London operations are now looking to hire a Senior Associate for their PE Fund Accounting team. The VP, who this role would report into, would be an ideal mentor for a private equity finance professional who wants to continue building their skills and overall experience.
- Fully-qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with 2-5 years of post-qualification experience. The hiring manager is willing to be open in terms of level of PQE experience as he’s more concerned about getting a high-calibre and bright individual who will fit into the team/culture
- Must possess a strong understanding of Private Equity. The hiring manager is ideally wanting to bring on board an individual who they don’t need to explain the mechanics and fundamentals of PE to (i.e. what is a capital call, a distribution, the fundamentals of cash management). Candidates can be currently in a PE fund accounting role or may have moved into Corporate Reporting after dealing with PE clients in practice or having started their career in fund accounting. From an understanding of the role and industry perspective, they need to come “ready-made”, so to speak. They will be coming in to directly be involved in the firm’s flagship fund
- Experience in private equity, direct lending, corporate finance or similar experience. The candidate must be passionate about understanding the fundamentals of corporate finance.
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
Primary functions and specific responsibilities:
Fund accounting and financial statement reporting of multi-currency funds:
- Review monthly NAV reconciliations with fund administrator
- Review calculation of management fees and performance fees
- Review of quarterly and annual GAAP financial statements and footnote disclosures for multiple funds
- Prepare/review quarterly manangement company reporting requirements
- Prepare and/or review debt compliance reporting
- Calculate fund performance metrics
Assist in managing relationships and liaise with internal resources, offshore resources, external fund administrator(s), and external auditors to meet all monthly, quarterly and annual reporting deadlines
Ongoing and day-to-day functions:
- Review wire preparations
- Review general ledger entries
- Cash flow projections and cash management, including LP capital activity (ie: capital calls/subscription and distribution/withdrawal calculations
Participate and contribute to regular review of overall processes and deliverables to improve effectiveness, efficiency, and accuracy.
Ad-hoc reporting and various special projects for both internal and external us