Executive Recruitment Partner
There will be a pathway for Senior Associates through promotion to begin to specialise in one of PE Funds & Co-investments, Private Credit & Alternative Income, Real Estate or Direct Equity (Direct PE and Infrastructure) investing.
As part of the investment team, working across multiple transactions, your responsibilities will include:
- Evaluating and forming a preliminary view on investment opportunities incorporating quantitative and qualitative analysis supplemented with perspectives from advisors
- Managing relationships and working with external advisors on transactions including investment banks, strategy consultants, General Partners (GPs), external counsel and technical diligence providers
- Contributing to PMG’s origination pipeline with potential investment opportunities either in line with our thematic investment focus or interesting opportunistic transactions
- Initiating and being a lead participant in internal and external meetings. Ensuring key discussions are recorded and issues escalated as required. Conveying the objectives of USS accurately and confidently.
- Participating in new idea generation and portfolio management discussions
- Leading / co-leading the production of Approval and Investment Committee papers and, subsequently, help to present these materials at committee stage
- Initiating and building of relationships across advisory network and with investment professional peers
- Establishing deal budgets and monitoring of transaction cost spending for the deal team
- Assisting and, in some cases, leading asset management activities across PMG including interaction with GPs and oversight of their fund performance, interacting with senior management at the companies in which PMG invests in and attendance at shareholder / board meetings, monitoring of company performance against pre-determined financial and non-financial objectives, participation in value add and transformation activities
- Responsibility for ensuring full record keeping of investment and monitoring activities, in CRM databases, as well as document management systems.
- Working closely with analysts and associates in the pool across projects providing guidance, mentoring and input as necessary
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders including tax, investment legal, operational due diligence and compliance
- Undergraduate degree
- Strong post-graduation experience in financial services, ideally through analytical experience in an investment context at a buyside investment management, investment banking, or corporate finance firm
- Meaningful transaction experience to some of the Private Market investment areas such private equity, infrastructure, property and private credit.
- Have experience in contributing to the scoping of investment due diligence, leading some aspects of due diligence work streams, and prepare investment committee materials
- Critical thinker with strong analytical and numerical skills including financial modelling
- Experience of thinking like an investor or asset owner
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to develop internal and external relationships
- A strong team player contributing to a supportive and collaborative working environment
- Good work ethic and a self-starter
- Ability to work in the UK with occasional travel to Europe, US and Australia