Senior Associate, Client Onboarding
Due to growth, we are looking for a Senior Associate to join a team responsible for performing Customer Due Diligence, Bribery & Corruption, client categorisation and suitability assessments for existing and new business relationships within both the EMEA Investment Banking & Corporate Banking Division. You will be providing ad-hoc support to the team and the division, where required, on Anti-Money Laundering related topics. You will also help deliver accurate Management Information, identify/improve processes and provide support/guidance to more juniors members of the team.
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG is a global network with 1100 offices in over 40 countries. The Group has over 140,000 employees and about 300 entities offering services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management and leasing.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Conduct thorough Customer Due Diligence for new customers to ensure that all applicable “Know your Customer” requirements have been met prior to the commencement of any business relationship, to ensure that business is fully compliant with the bank’s AML policy and all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Undertake “Know your Customer” due diligence reviews to ensure that money laundering risk assessments are accurately completed within the prescribed review cycle in order to comply with the bank’s AML policy and all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Complete relevant Bribery and Corruption checks for prospective transactions in order to identify potential reputational, business and sanction risks, to ensure that when the business presents to senior management and credit for initial approval a full account of any risk is clearly detailed and defined for consideration.
- Conduct and maintain accurate records of customer categorisation and suitability assessments on all customers, to ensure that the products/services that we are providing to the customer are suitable, appropriate and in linewith the requirements of MiFiD, EMIR and the Dodd Frank Act.
- Support the Team leader, producing relevant report to key counterparties, identifying and resolving Anti Money Laundering issues, and providing support/guidance to more junior members of the team.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- Degree level education and or relevant industry experience.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Anti Money Laundering, fraud and bribery or Financial Crime roles.
- Experience with Infrastructure Project Finance, Aviation finance, Social Housing Finance or Leveraged Finance.
- Relevant qualifications in Anti Money Laundering, fraud and bribery or Financial Crime roles would be highly desirable.
- Awareness of UK & European Anti-Money Laundering regulations.
- Knowledge of various corporate structures.
- Able to communicate effectively to key stakeholders at all levels.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Ability to effectively utilise Microsoft Office (particularly Word & Excel).
Please note that due to high volume of responses, we will contact only successful candidates within a week of application.
MUFG Bank, London branch (a member of MUFG, a global financial group) is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.