Senior Associate Emerging Markets Relationship Management Support
- Upon Application
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Walker Hamill
- 16 Feb 18 2018-02-16
Our client seeks an Emerging Markets Relationship Management Support Senior Associate
Overall purpose of the role:
The Senior Associate role will be central part in providing relationship management and transaction support to client-facing Relationship Managers on the Emerging Markets desk. As a member of the Emerging Markets Corporate Banking team, the Senior Associate will be responsible for ensuring that the Bank’s corporate clients receive exceptional service throughout the life of financing transactions, in accord with all relevant internal and regulatory processes, guidelines and standards.
- Marketing Support and Credit: Administrative support of senior relationship managers. Support and prepare deal screening proposals, account plans, return calculations, client proposals and presentations, escalating issues to line manager where relevant. Support line manager in gathering market intelligence and target client research. Provide support in preparation of credit applications.
- Execution and Negotiation: Support in negotiating with internal / external legal teams, borrowers and syndicate members to ensure negotiation and timely execution of the documentation to a consistently high standard, reflecting the Bank’s preferred position as much as possible and escalating and seeking guidance from line manager where relevant.
- Pre and post signing management of Transactions: Ensure good communication with various departments and product offices to ensure smooth execution and booking following all internal procedures. Ensure all documents are passed to Credit Control Department (CCD) and other internal departments in advance of signing, and that CCD is informed promptly once deal has signed. Identify and manage operational risk. Keep all files (hardcopies and softcopies) up to date.
- Reporting and general administration: Take on transaction management duties to ensure smooth execution of transaction and completion of internal deliverables. Develop knowledge of all documentation and various reporting requirements in support of Senior RMs (Planning and CCD).
- Knowledge of Central and Eastern European markets would be an advantage.
- A fluency in Polish or Russian would be useful but not necessary more an understanding of the Region
- Other duties:
Provide general support to wider team, including follow up with the different departments/ divisions within the Bank (e.g. compliance, middle and back office planning related tasks, process waivers as appropriate, liaise with other business units).
Provide general support to the Team Head, Senior RMs as may be required from time to time, including the preparation/ update of financial data and planning related activities.
Completing internal procedures as required to set-up clients for specific products (deposits, FX, Derivatives, trade finance).
Liaising with various internal departments (esp. credit control and back office) to ensure smooth transactions execution, booking, and maintenance and reporting.
Behavioural Competencies (Essential)
Integrity and Responsibility
• Balance Risk with Opportunity
• Customer Focus
• Demonstrate Global Perspective
Professionalism and Teamwork
• Collaborate and Build Partnerships
• Communicate Effectively and Professionally
• Drive For Results
Challenge Ourselves To Grow
• Lead Change and Seek Continuous Improvement
• Think Strategically
• Influence and Inspire Others
• Manage and Develop Talent
Work Experience (Essential)
Relevant industry exposure and experience is mandatory.
Functional / Technical Competencies (Essential)
Good knowledge of specific procedures and a good understanding of the business area
Computer literacy, including core Microsoft modules e.g. Excel / PowerPoint
Able to communicate effectively with internal clients