Senior Associate, Natural Resources
Due to an internal move, we are looking for an experienced Associate to support the development, execution and management of Project Finance advisory and lending business in the Natural Resources sector.
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG is a global network with 1100 offices in over 40 countries. The Group has over 140,000 employees and about 300 entities offering services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management and leasing.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following.
- Conduct industry, market and product research from a range of generalised and specialist sources, extracting relevant information and summarising data to inform decision making at more senior levels.
- Assist with marketing initiatives including preparation of PowerPoint presentations and responses to Information Memorandums.
- Co-ordinate the production of credit applications, with increasing responsibility for content as familiarity with key areas and issues increases, to inform investment decisions.
- Liaise with clients at a counterpart level to relay specific information and respond to routine queries ensuring a high level of customer service.
- Conduct initial compliance checks in line with internal and external processes and procedures.
Success in the role will require the following.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent level of relevant industry experience
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in Project Finance
- Natural resources sector knowledge would be an advantage
- Knowledge of credit, risk management, market and legal aspects of Project Finance
- Analytical mindset with vlear communication skills
Please note that due to high volume of responses, we will contact only successful candidates within a week of application.
MUFG Bank, London branch (a member of MUFG, a global financial group) is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.