Senior Associate; Private Equity; London
- Competitive base salary and discretionary bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Walker Hamill
- 18 Jun 18 2018-06-18
Our client is a global alternative investment platform with more than $10 billion in assets under management. The fund is currently looking to recruit a senior associate into their European private equity team, investing across secondary, primary and co-investment opportunities.
The successful candidate will work directly alongside senior investment professionals across all private equity strategies. The candidate will focus on supporting all aspects of the investment process including screening, reviewing, due diligence analysis, and monitoring of private equity portfolio companies. The client is seeking a driven individual with 2-4 years of prior experience working in a private equity firm. Prior secondary investment experience is required to fulfil the responsibilities of the role.
- Conducting due diligence on private equity funds and portfolio company opportunities including industry, company and manager research;
- Performing in-depth valuation analyses of private equity portfolios and private companies;
- Leading the preparation of due diligence materials and investment committee memos;
- Meeting regularly with partners and other investment professionals of private equity firms;
- Monitoring and valuing portfolio investments through attending annual meetings of private equity firms and investor meetings for individual portfolio companies;
- Contributing to ongoing business building initiatives (deal origination and deal flow management; due diligence processes; portfolio and risk management tools and systems; investor reporting etc.);
- Liaising with colleagues, external fund managers and investors to support ongoing investment, marketing, and client service activities;
- Contributing directly to ongoing business development and fundraising efforts, conducting research and analysis to support presentations to existing and prospective investors and investment consultants.
- Excellent academic credentials; a Business, Economics or Financial degree is preferred, qualified CFAs will also be considered;
- Strong technical foundation within corporate finance and accounting;
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including substantial experience in financial modelling and valuation;
- Results orientated individual, with a proactive and creative approach to problem solving;
- Demonstrated experience in conducting research and collaborating with others to develop solutions;
- Strong judgment and critical thinking skills, with the ability to articulate and present points of view and ideas effectively;
- Proven ability to successfully multi-task with strong attention to detail;
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed; demonstrated ability to be proactive.
Candidates with three to four years of work experience in private equity within a leading private equity investing firm, an institutional investor, a family office or a leading private equity group are strongly preferred. European language skills are advantageous and should include fluency in written and spoken English.
The position offers a market competitive base salary and a discretionary bonus.
The application period will be open from 03 May 2018 to 02 June 2018.