Global Counsel (GC) is seeking a Senior Associate to support its growing climate and sustainability practice. The successful candidate will work for a range of international clients, including some of the most prestigious companies and investors in financial services, manufacturing, technology and consumer goods. This is a new role as part of a growing, dynamic and highly experienced team. The role offers exposure to a wide range of high-profile policy and political issues, with a focus on environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues.
Role and responsibilities
- Support clients to assess the risks and opportunities of evolving ESG policy and analyse public and political expectations.
- Scrutinise the impact of ESG frameworks for investors at both the portfolio and asset levels.
- Support the development and implementation of communications, advocacy and thought-leadership campaigns on ESG for clients.
- Support business development by identifying potential clients, contributing to pitches and campaigns.
- Lead the development of climate and sustainability events as part of the team’s broader marketing campaigns and efforts to contribute to policy debate and discussion.
- Produce written content and analysis in the form of policy papers, blogs and reports.
- Act as an active ambassador for Global Counsel at relevant industry and policy events, and invest in developing the skills, expertise and reputation of yourself and others.
Skills and Profile
- At least two years of experience in a climate and sustainability related role.
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in public policy.
- Experience working for government, corporates or investors.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills in English.
- A motivated self-starter who works well independently and as part of a team.
This is a full-time role based in London with possibility for work travel. Salary and other benefits are competitive and dependent on experience.
About Global Counsel
- Global Counsel helps companies and investors across sectors to anticipate the ways in which politics, regulation and public policymaking create both risk and opportunity, and to develop and implement strategies to meet these challenges.
- Our team is led by former public policymakers and political advisors with experience at the highest level of government. We haveoffices in London, Brussels, Singapore, and Washington D.C., and are supported by a network of partners in other key markets.
- Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org