Senior Audit Manager - Risk & Finance Applications
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Jun 18 2018-06-22
See job description for details
We're looking for a Senior Audit Manager, Risk & Finance Applications to join us in London
- This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced auditor to join our Internal Audit function within Risk & Finance Applications
- You'll be positioned in a highly visible part of the bank, giving you the opportunity to gain a great insight into how we work
- To join us in this role, you'll need a strong background in risk management and a meticulously investigative approach
What you'll do
We'll look to you to manage your team to deliver engagements which will be at times complex and high profile in nature. You'll retain oversight while your team carries out its testing, ensuring that both the audits' quality and progress meet the standards expected, and that the testing completed fulfils the scope of the audit plan.
You'll set standards for rigour and efficiency, and make sure that resources are allocated flexibly and effectively within your portfolio. You'll also influence the business control environment by contributing to high quality and impactful written engagement reports produced by your team, and by providing the business leaders with advice on prudent risk management.
Key tasks in the role will include:
- Overseeing a portfolio ensuring that engagements are delivered to budget and on time
- Influencing technology and business senior management within the bank to improve control
- Providing quality, efficient and effective assurance, influencing business managers to improve controls, and contributing to Internal Audit strategic initiatives
- Ensuring that technology and business engagement teams comply with methodology, and appropriately use the tools available
- Effectively leading high profile strategic engagements which have the potential to add significant business value, undertaking some fieldwork and reporting
- Contributing to continuous monitoring in support of entity assurance planning and reporting, often taking responsibility for a particular area or risk element
- People management responsibility for a team of 5-7 individuals, to provide effective coaching, manage talent, and to assist in team recruitment
The skills you'll need
You'll have auditing experience and sound analytical skills, along with the ability to assess and prioritise effectively, quickly establishing what's important. You'll also need a strong understanding of principles of good risk management, with a thorough grounding in monitoring and testing application and technology controls. You'll also have experience contributing to the delivery of audit plans and adding your input as an expert.
We'll also be looking for:
- A Professional financial qualification and IT auditing qualification would be preferred
- A strong understanding of risk management principles
- Solid interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, allowing you to effectively manage stakeholder relationships, and challenge and influence confidently and clearly
- The ability to lead a team to deliver projects on time and to budget
- A passion for personal development to build knowledge and experience
- Experience managing high impact relationships with executive level stakeholders
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.