Senior Audit Supervisor
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 14 Aug 18 2018-08-14
Senior Audit Supervisor
Bank of America Merrill Lynch's corporate audit team is looking to recruit a talented Senior Auditor with EMEA Financial Crimes (AML and Sanctions) Audit experience for our London office.
The group supports how we manage risk by ensuring that controls over key risks are in place and functioning correctly. We are accountable to the Audit and Examining Committee of the Board of Directors, the Office of the Chair, senior partners and our global and local regulators. Our team provides audit coverage of key corporate functions including global Financial Crimes/Anti-Money Laundering (AML). The successful candidate will enter into a supervisor role equivalent to "Auditor In Charge" that will be responsible for leading and executing EMEA Financial Crimes Audit Program.
- Plan and Execute audits pertaining to key corporate functions including global Financial Crimes/Anti-Money Laundering (AML).
- Leading and participating in individual risk-based audits and reviews, including planning, process mapping, fieldwork and reporting
- Proactively implementing audit strategy for the sound application of risk based practices by defining audit scope, audit program, and review and test procedures in area of responsibility.
- Contributing to and participating in various key control related functions and forums including regular control and new product committees
- Lead analysis of control deficiencies as well as expansion and refinement of documentation for more complex control deficiencies, recommend appropriate audit rating, and validate for issue closure.
- Assesses issues for impact to business processes, controls and strategies, recommends severity ratings and escalation of broad themes or trends.
- Manages business partner relationships; primary engagement is with line management. Build and effectively manage local management and regulatory relationships as well as take ownership and responsibility for local / regional audit related activities and governance, in conjunction with senior management
- Coordinate timely and accurate regulatory submissions in conjunction with the various Line of Business/ Country /Regional audit teams.
- Acts as Auditor-in-Charge (AIC) and is responsible for day to day coaching, mentoring, and performance feedback.
- Drafts quality and timely audit reports and shares results with business leaders.
- Effectively communicating results to audit manager, management and lines of business partners
- Some travel will be required
- Bachelor's degree in Law, Accounting or Finance (JD, LLM or Masters preferred) or equivalent experience
- Professional designations include Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or other business designation
- Previous experience working in an Audit / Risk Management or control function role.
- Deep understanding of AML and Sanctions processes and auditing techniques
- Experience leading Audits, develop coverage framework, scoping of Financial Crime Audits
- Ability to supervise small teams to complete audits timely and with a high degree of quality
- Effectively communicating results to audit manager, management and lines of business management
- Intermediate knowledge in the following:
o Auditing core elements of a financial services company's AML and Sanctions Compliance Program
o Compliance risk and control framework
o KYC, OFAC and HMT regulations, Customer Identification Program (CIP)/ CDD/ EDD, Suspicious Activity Report (SAR), Politically Exposed Person (PEP), Trade Finance, Transaction Monitoring
- Intermediate knowledge of banking products and associated risks and audit techniques
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online with your CV.
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Role Opened: 17th July 2018
Role Closes: 15th August 2018