- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 23 Sep 18 2018-09-23
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Line of Business: Corporate Audit
Want to join a dynamic audit environment, as part of a leading global bank?
Here in our London office we are happy to announce we are looking for a talented Senior Auditor to join our IT Audit team.
Reporting to the IT Senior Audit Manager, the role provides support for our team with the execution of the IT audit plan and issue validation. You will join an established, diverse team consisting of auditors with a broad spectrum of experience and skill set. This role provides exposure to a diverse range of topics across various lines of business and product classes and an opportunity to work with many internal and external audit partners. The role also provides contribution to the building and maintenance of the solid risk culture in the region through validation of audit, self-identified and regulatory issues.
The EMEA Corporate Audit team provides inter-connectivity within the global audit team including mentoring program, skill exchanges and other activities to support career and personal development of teammates. The team is also actively engaged in local communities and has a social committee.
Corporate Audit is an independent function that reports to the Audit Committee of the Bank of America Corporation. Corporate General Auditor reports administratively to the Chief Executive Officer. There are approximately 900 Audit associates globally, with approximately 100 associates in the remit of the EMEA General Auditor.
We offer a number of excellent career opportunities designed to attract and retain all skill levels - a chance for both personal and professional development as well as a salary and benefit package designed to reflect your contribution.
What will your main responsibilities involve?
- Contributing to audits across IT
- Providing assurance to senior management over the effectiveness of the controls environment
- Critical assessment of controls processes and procedures within the audited areas and holistic evaluation of associated inherent risks, the control environment and residual risks
- Provide independent assessment and validation of key processes, controls and risk management models
- Provide a holistic assessment on the risk profile of the Company
- Dedicatedly influence the management of risk across the Company
What skills and qualifications will you ideally possess?
- Bachelors degree (or higher) or equivalent experience
- CISA, CISSP, CRISC or other recognised audit or risk management certification is helpful
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified an advantage (or equivalent experience)
- Microsoft/UNIX/Cisco/Sybase/C++ or similar certifications an advantage
- Audit investment banking technologies
- Ability to relate technology risks to business impact
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal)
- Project management skills, PRINCE 2 qualification is helpful
- Analytical skills
- Maintains Independence
- Makes an Impact
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.