Senior Auditor - Financial Crime
- £60K GBP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Apollo Solutions , EA Licence No: View Corporate Hierarchy
- 04 Sep 18 2018-09-04
An exciting opportunity to join a leading International bank as they further expand their Internal Audit function. They are looking for a Financial crime Audit manager. You will be reporting to the Senior Audit manager and HOD. Financial crime Audit experience is essential Operational Audit experience will be advantageous
The clients have an exciting opportunity for an Financial crime Audit Manager within their diverse Internal Audit team.
You will be providing robust assurance and question the effectiveness of processes and controls across the bank, gaining exposure to senior stakeholders across our global organisation.
The successful candidate will be expected to take ownership for sections of larger audits and day-to-day management on behalf of the Senior Audit Manager. The team’s responsibilities cover a broad range of topics including sales channels, back-office areas, central functions such as HR and Procurement, and the first and second lines of defence in Financial Crime.
Although you will be based in London there will be an element of 20% - 30% travel within the UK.
As an Audit Manager, your main responsibilities will be
- Managing and participating in assurance activities to assess the management and control of risk, ensuring that all work undertaken meets agreed timescales and complies with quality requirements.
- Completing assurance activities, assessing risks and controls (including planning activity, co-ordination of fieldwork and report writing), acting both as lead and a team member as required.
- Supervising small teams, coaching and providing support as required
- Managing relationships and influencing key stakeholders across the business and collaborating with other teams as required.
- Taking responsibility for additional activities related to the management of the Internal Audit department, including on-going business monitoring and follow-up of agreed management actions.
Minimum skills and experience required
- Degree level or an audit related professional qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, or CIA)
- Proven Internal Audit (IA) experience
- A clear understanding of risk and internal controls
- Clear communicator with the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Strong people and coaching skills with the ability to explain tasks clearly and coach / up-skill junior members of the team
- Experience of Financial Services