Senior BI Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 25 May 19
Senior BI Analyst
BFIT Senior BI Developer.
Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC's global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world's leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts , as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2019 and beyond, we are currently seeking a Senior BI Developer to join HSBC Technology.
Business Finance IT is a global team enabling Business Finance with a broad range of technology solutions to provide data driven insights to all Global Businesses and Functions.
In addition to established niche technologies such as Cognos, TM1, we are investing in both Big Data and visualisation technologies for desktop and mobile. This analytics technology space is evolving rapidly, and we want to ensure that our customers are well placed to take advantage of that.
What you will be doing;
- Work closely with the Technical Product Manager (TPM) to deliver the product backlog.
- Facilitate and support lead product specific governance conversations as needed.
- Ensure that relevant business outcomes are met.
- Establish and maintain a close and proactive relationship with key stakeholders to ensure quality operations.
- Good understanding of the technology opportunity to support that agenda
What you will bring to the role;
To be successful in this role you should have proven experience within the Technology sector with knowledge of the following skills:
- Extensive experience and technical capabilities on the following:
- Multi-Dimensional / OLAP technologies (e.g. IBM Cognos TM1, Essbase)
- Relational Database (e.g. Oracle, DB2, PL/SQL)
- ETL Tooling (e.g. DataStage, Platfora, Pentaho)
- Other SDLC tooling (e.g. Control-M, Quality Center, JIRA, GitHub, Jenkins,)
- A good understanding of the Business Finance drivers, processes, and its technology portfolio
- Ability to plan for the medium to long term, and to balance long term and short term and tactical goals
- A resilient, self-starter, capable of driving performance sometimes in ill-defined/new domains often on a virtual/remote basis
- Background in IT delivery or Operations, with some experience of managing risks
This role is based in London, 8 Canada Square
Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
HSBC offers the opportunity to develop a fulfilling career within a supportive and inclusive environment. We aim to be a place where everyone can achieve their full potential, regardless of their background. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.