- £50K to 80K (plus options)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- McCabe & Barton
- 15 Oct 17 2017-10-15
Our client is looking for a senior Back End (or full-stack) engineer to join the team to help them build their Real Time data analytics platform.
Our client is looking for a senior Back End (or full-stack) engineer to join the team to help them build their Real Time data analytics platform. They are all about making their target industries more efficient, safer and more sustainable, and a crucial part of that is being able to deliver deep insights in Real Time for a vast number of data. They're working on some of the largest infrastructure projects in the world, which means generating serious insights from a huge - number of data in Real Time. If that's the sort of challenge you like to solve, read on!
About the role:
- Work on taking our data analytics engine to the next stage, making it more scalable and flexible for new analyses.
- Help create infrastructure that will allow us to construct deep models of the target industries, and use those models to help make those industries ever more sustainable, safe and efficient.
- Work on internal tools which enable them to scale as a company, and serve enormous customers across industries and continents.
- Have a hand in devops strategy, in order to improve the safety of their deployment process.
- Help other team members through code reviews, their weekly engineering and mentorship (where applicable).
- lots of experience building serious data processing applications (5+ years)
- database experience, especially PostgreSQL (5+ years)
- good experience of functional programming;
- strong attention to detail;
- a desire to build something that can completely revolutionise how someone goes about their job;
- (bonus) experience with message queuing systems like RabbitMQ;
- (bonus) DevOps experience, especially with Ansible, CI/CD and Docker.