Senior Business Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 17 Aug 18 2018-08-17
The purpose of the role is to provide Business Analysis to the Financial Markets Technology group, focusing on Risk. The initial assignment will consist in on-boarding the MifiD2 program. SABRE is the sole FM cross asset risk management platform (Standard Chartered Analytics Booking and Risk Engine) and delivers consolidated risks primarily to Structure and Derivatives traders within the Front Office.
The current investments into the platform sponsor the following objectives:
- Complete the FM trade consolidation, we have 98% of Financial Market trades as it stands,
- Implement a Control Framework for an official use of the risk numbers generated by the platform for both Front Office and Market Risk and substitute to all other FM systems,
- Leverage our increased computing capacity (externalized grid) and expand our user community to all asset classes and flow desks,
- Expand the use of the platform to Market Risk usage and meet regulatory objectives such as the Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (FRTB)
This role consists in on-boarding a SABRE project team contributing to the MifiD2 programme as a Senior Business Analyst. The project aims at leveraging the existing SABRE Trade Data Store to build a bank wide (not only FM), Trade Data Server (3rd gen), using FpML based trade description format, improved interfaces to all pricing applications and a new technology stack (Hadoop) to scale to a much larger set of consumers and use cases, in order to meet MifiD2post trade requirements.
It is currently estimated to require a team of ~10 people, be a ~18 months project and affect all functions FM Front Office (incl Quants), Middle Office, Market Risk, Valuation Control, Product Control, Technology and Back Office.
The job purpose consist in:
o Building strong, effective relationships with both the business and technology teams, across global offices.
o Collaborating with all control functions to gather requirement, solve business problems by proposing relevant, innovative solutions in consultation with the technology teams.
o Being a creative source of proposals and channelling user aspiration towards sustainable and future proof solutions
o Deliver functional consistency across the various projects by influencing architecture and design decisions
o Translating and documenting business requirements
Working across asset classes FX, Rates, Credit and Commodities (both structured and flow)
Key responsibilities are outlined below:
o Understand the users requirements and translate into competent future state models, questioning and challenging assumptions and status quo
o Propose relevant solutions and alternatives to meet business needs
o Pro-actively engage, manage and build strong relationships with both business and technology stakeholders
o Translate solutions into detailed, unambiguous, business and functional requirements
o Ensure the overall quality of business requirements, functional specifications and other supporting documents meet the bank's standards
o Work proactively with fellow BAs and other team members, ensuring work is proportionally distributed and targets are met
o Ensure documents such as functional specs support the development of practical technology solutions and suitable test cases
o Provide on-going support to the technology teams as required e.g. reviewing of test cases, close out open issues/questions, manage change request process etc.
o Assist the business with UAT, including communication, planning, preparation and test case preparation
o Identify risks and issues early, plan mitigating steps and communicate these to PMs and business stakeholders in a timely manner
o Work closely with project and programme managers to ensure stakeholders are fully engaged and expectations managed
o Delivery focused, committing to specific tasks and ensuring these and the overall projects deadlines are met
- Stakeholder feedback (Business and IT)
- Delivery of individual tasks and overall projects on time and of a high quality
- Quality of documentation
- Ensuring projects pass internal audits and reviews
Post project implementation reviews and alignment of project deliverable to measurable exit criteria
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Extensive derivatives knowledge across asset classes encompassing product knowledge, pricing, risk analytics and trade life cycle,
- Quantitativefinance understanding, ability to liaise with quantitative analysts on pricing and risk topics
- Proven ability to work across business streams and have exposure to front to back system implementation.
- Good understanding of key technology concepts, basics in SQL, functional programming and architecture. Strong technical acumen is a big plus.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and displays strong initiative
- Pragmatic team player with an attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to accurately translate and document business needs into functional requirements and produce quality documentation
- Ability to drive multiple agenda and effectively manage priorities
- Strong communication and presentation skills with an excellent standard of English (written and spoken)
- Multicultural awareness.
Displays personal authority, integrity and ethics
A diverse culture We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good. Apply Now...