- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Full time
Senior Business Analyst
Senior Business AnalystCompany Overview
As a global investment manager, we help institutions, intermediaries and individuals across the planet meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. But as the world changes, so do our clients' needs. That's why we have a long history of adapting to suit the times and keeping our focus on what matters most to our clients.
Doing this takes experience and expertise. We bring together people and data to spot the trends that will shape the future. This provides a unique perspective which allows us to always invest with conviction. We are responsible for £447 billion* of assets for our clients who trust us to deliver sustainable returns. We remain determined to build future prosperity for them, and for all of society. Today, we have 4,600 people across six continents who focus on doing just this.
We are a global business that's managed locally. This allows us to always keep our clients' needs at the heart of everything we do. For over two centuries and more than seven generations we've grown and developed our expertise in tandem with our clients' needs and interests. Explore our interactive timeline to see how we've been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
Schroders' culture and core values of Integrity, Passion, Teamwork, Innovation and Excellence are fundamental to our success, and it is important we reflect them in everything we do.
Schroders provides industry leading benefits from core components of pension, life assurance and private health care, through to an extensive range of Health and Wellbeing benefits, gym membership in London and an Employee Assistance Programme to improve both the physical and mental wellbeing of our teams.
Overview of role
Agile Analysts are core members of the Capability aligned agile delivery team, responsible for contributing to all aspects of the analysis, design, development, building and testing of solutions within a sprint cadence. They are also responsible for managing their own work, estimating its complexity and size, determining technical design (within architectural guidelines) and contributing to the continuous improvement of their agile team. The team members rely heavily on collaboration and communication and must place great emphasis on Agile Values and Principles in order to achieve a sustainable high performing status. They may also perform the role of Scrum Master when working with third parties.
The role is part of a wider Capability team within Corporate Technology, and can expect to contribute to other initiatives for which this team has responsibility as required. The role will report to the Capability Lead manager of this team.
• Support the Capability [Product] Owners and Epic Owners/ Analysts to ensure that features and stories to be delivered by the Capability team are suitably well defined and structured
• Leading analysis tasks which contribute to the delivery of working software required by the Capability [Product] Owner
• Contributing to the analysis, development, build and testing of working software required by the Capability [Product] Owner
• Ensuring user stories are delivered to the 'working system' definition of done within agreed sprint
• Ensuring committed PI Objectives and Sprint Objectives are met
• Contributing to agile planning, including sizing stories, parsing user stories into tasks etc.
• Working with colleagues from other agile teams and shared service teams to both communicate and accept dependencies
• Supporting the System Team in readiness for the System Demo
• Supporting the Solution Architect in determining technical design
• Participating enthusiastically and effectively in Schroders Agile ceremonies
• Committing to increasing their skills and experience in non-core specialisms (Dev, Test)
• Supporting other team members to improve their analysis skills where it is their non-core specialism
• Performing the role of Scrum Master for the agile team if required to do so
• Engaging and building positive relationships with the stakeholders within the organisation
• Challenging conventional wisdom and freely expressing their own opinion
• Understanding the needs of our clients and the business and tailoring the approach accordingly
• Working seamlessly with colleagues, external consultants and vendors involved in the programme
General and Technical skills
• Familiarity with Agile delivery methodologies, ideally SAFe
• Knowledge of a Business Process and\or Workflow modelling (preferably BPMN)
• Knowledge and experience of using business analysis techniques, methodologies and artefacts to support agile software development
• Strong communication skills, experience managing relationships with stakeholders and suppliers
• Good relationship management skills - able to engage with and gain confidence of others and maximise their contribution to the process
• Confident enough to be able to challenge business ideas where they do not meet stated project objectives
• Excellent understanding of the business context: processes within Finance Operations for an Asset Management firm. In particular: Revenue processes (billing and rebates) is a must, Clients AuM data management and reporting is nice to have
• Some knowledge and experience of development or testing skills and tools and common programming languages is preferred (SpecFlow, SQL, C#, React)
• Knowledge and experience of contributing to the development of technology solutions, both in house developed bespoke applications and commercially available off the shelf solutions
• Experience of working with global colleagues and stakeholders and sensitivity to cultural differences, time zones etc.
• Excellent ability to communicate how the work [features and stories] delivered by the Capability teams contributes to Epics
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
Specific experience and skills
• Financial Services experience ideally investment management
• Preferable - experience with dealing with technical and business issues associated with the calculation of fees or financial data.
• Preferable - experience of business analysis for corporate functions or experience of business analysis across a number of diverse functions.
• Basic professional qualifications relating to the asset management industry (such as IMC) and business analysis (such as ISEB) are preferred
• Proactive and self-organised
• Problem solver, comfortable taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous circumstances
• Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
• Friendly, approachable and collaborative team player who enjoys working with people from across the firm
• Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.