Senior Business Analyst
Principal Change Analyst
We are looking for a Principal Change Analyst which is essentially a Senior Business Analyst with strong change experience across large change programmes in a Technology function. Who we're looking for
• You will ideally have experience of working in an Investment Management/Asset Management firm on large change programmes
• You will have experience of working in agile teams and an advocate for collaboration
• Any experience working on the Aladdin Platform, Market EDM and trading platforms would be highly advantageous. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The base
You will be working in a new purpose built state of the art office based in Moorgate with onsite facilities including a gym, doctors, dentist, coffee shop, restaurant and lots of collaboration spaces including balcony gardens. The team
The Global Operations Technology function supports a number of business domains such as; traditional operations, investment operations, trading, fund operations and reporting operations which includes client valuations and performance / attribution reporting to clients, fund administrators and internal stakeholders.
The Technology team works very closely with the Investment Operations & Trading business to create a Technology platform with an emphasis on a stable operating environment that can function at multiple speeds and levels of scale. Our primary goal is to deliver value through Technology domain expertise and robust solutions to our customers.
The teams operate under an agile operating model (based on the SAFe methodology) facing off to defined capabilities within our business. What you'll do
• Investment Operations & Trading compromises of the following functions; on-boarding of client and third parties, new instruments (primarily OTC), compliance support, trading, trading support, fund manager support, financial messaging and derivative operations.
• You will be a core member of the Investment Operations & Trading Technology function and wider Asset Management Technology domain. They are responsible for leading and contributing to all aspects of the analysis, design, development and testing in relation to on-going change across the Operations and Asset Management Technology Platform.
• You will be required to work within a capability aligned agile team and may also be required to work on large scale Projects or Programmes of change.
• Principal Change Analysts within Technology are innovative and passionate individuals who demonstrate a superior level of skill, experience and professionalism relative to their peers. Key Responsibilities:
• Support Capability [Product] owners and leads to ensure that features and stories to be delivered by the Technology Capability teams are suitable defined and structured
• Responsible for leading analysis and solution design tasks which contribute to the delivery of working software
• Responsible for contributing to the analysis, development, and testing of working software
• Accountable for ensuring committed analysis and solution design objectives are met within agreed timelines
• Responsible for contributing to all elements of planning, including estimates for analysis assignments, testing and the support acceptance process
• Participate enthusiastically and effectively in Schroders agile ceremonies
• Committed to increasing their skills and experience in non-core specialisms (Development and testing)
• Supporting other team members to improve their analysis skills and experiences
• Supporting the development of the wider GT organisation through leadership of communities, guilds or key involvement in other non-core activities. General and Technical Skills:
• Wide experience of business analysis across a number of different capabilities, systems or teams; number of different (positive) experiences is valued higher than length of experience
• High level of technical skill in use of business analysis techniques, methodologies and artefacts to support software development
• Knowledge and experience of development or testing skills and tools common programming languages is preferred
• Highly skilled in producing visual artefacts e.g. Visio / iServer to communicate requirements, stories or design solutions
• Knowledge of the BlackRock Aladdin platform
• Knowledge of Trading platforms
• Knowledge of the Market EDM toolset
• Experience of data analysis for interface design and data model definitions
• Comfortable to engage with senior stakeholders within the business and wider GT in both written and verbal form
• Excellent ability to produce management level information packs / presentations to communicate requirements and design solutions
• Experience of working with global colleagues and stakeholders and sensitivity to cultural differences, times zones etc.
• Excellent understanding of the Investment Management business with specific focus on the core Asset Management Platform capabilities; Fund management, trading, confirmation, settlement, reconciliations, cash management, investment accounting, fund accounting, performance, attribution and reporting
• Excellent ability to communicate how the Investment Technology team contributes to the wider business and Global Technology strategies We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.