Leading Asset Manager in the City (EC4) is looking to hire a permanent IT Business Analyst with current/recent Asset Management /Investment Management experience to work 5 days per week in their office near St Pauls on projects such as:- Ongoing Charles River rollout / improvements roadmap Factset risk and performance implementation Developing a cloud-based data strategy (data management, workflow & analytics, lake, BI, quality/governance, &more) Compliance system implementations Buyside experience and right to work ESSENTIAL
This key hire, is to enhance the business analysis capabilities of the team and will encompass a range of current and upcoming projects. As this Asset Manager builds out the capabilities of the business, the requirement for an established Business Analysis team has grown with the ability to provide analytical input across the business functions.
The successful candidate will work alongside the existing Senior Business Analyst and help to shape the process in place. The team is relatively small, with a wide range of roles, supporting best in class asset management software – the successful candidate will have an interest in learning the way these systems interact and the way that our client operates across these platforms.
They are also working to perform a Business Process Mapping exercise across the topology and the successful candidate will work alongside the existing team to map across all levels. This will then form part of the BAU change process.
Current areas of interest/implementation cover OMS/PMS, Risk and Performance as well as Fixed Income and Treasury business processes.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE CAN EXPECT TO:-
- Manage the identification of business requirements and optimal means of implementation by liaising with managers and departments. Documentation management and project organisation
- Provide a comprehensive business analysis service within the project life cycle, through the preparation of business case and documentation of Business Requirements and costs
- Liaise with and assist the project manager in prioritising the allocation of resources relative to business needs, and assist in helping to develop, plan, monitor and report on the progress of projects to the project sponsor.
- Design, plan and evaluate options for the solution of business requirements and identify the most suitable option on software application needs or procedural changes
- Provide investment experience and advice to departments and managers on technological and business process issues in line with their requirements.
-Act as a liaison between the departments in the Office and IT, to initiate and progress small change requests on a existing systems.
- As required specialise in one or more “domain” to provide expertise and to support procurement and vendor account management
-Provide an ad hoc troubleshooting/reporting and project support service as requested by IT senior management
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- A minimum of three years relevant experience gained in similar role for another asset firm as an IT business analyst with specific skills in business process redesign and functional systems / process re-engineering.
- Expert knowledge and best practices in Investment / Asset Management and technologies with specific knowledge of AT LEAST ONE OF:
- Fixed Income Investment Management,
- Investment Performance Analysis/ Analytics,
- Investment Operations processing,
- Investment Accounting
- In-depth external experience as a business analysis in the financial services sector working with IT through the implementation of major systems producing:
- Business requirements documentation and Functional Requirement (MVP)
- Process Mapping (Current and Target)
- Functional Definition alignment to business requirements
- Data mapping to business requirement
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills to relate to all levels of staff and proven influencing skills to all levels including senior management
- Experience in the preparation and presentation of business cases including the demonstrable ability to produce accurate and timely cost and benefit analyses
- Technical familiarity and experience in writing formal business requirements documentation (essential)
- Experience of either managing work streams within large projects or project management of smaller projects (strongly preferred).
Role Specific Competencies:
- Professional Knowledge & Judgement – Has extensive knowledge of their area of expertise /department; understands how this fits in with the business and uses this to provide a superior service.
- Adaptability – Ability to maintain effectiveness in changing environments, tasks responsibilities or people.
- Analysis – Effectiveness in identifying problems, securing relevant information, relating data from different sources and identifying possible causes of problems.
- Task Leadership – Utilizes appropriate interpersonal styles and methods in guiding individuals or a group towards achievement of tasks.
Soft Skills /Core Competencies:
- Drive – The drive and determination to set, meet and improve upon the highest standards of performance. Able to work in a tactical and strategic manner and learn new systems/process using a methodical approach.
- Taking Initiative – Identify what needs doing and taking action to get it done – Self-starter, promote innovation.
- Can do attitude – Having the courage of your convictions and handling challenges, conflicts and difficult decisions with confidence
- Commitment – Belief in your role and it’s value to the organisation
- Integrity – Ability to maintain job related, social, organisational and ethical norms
- Managing Performance - The drive and determination to set, meet and enhance personal performance
- Teamwork – Working co-operatively and collaboratively with others to achieve business goal. Able to speak to all areas of the business, including Front Office, and ensure consistent communications.
- Judgement: Assimilates a broad range of inputs, in a variety of forms, to take clear and accountable decisions.
- Integrity: Demonstrates honesty, reliability and truthfulness in all aspects of professional life.
- External Awareness: Develops and maintains a strong understanding of conditions and best practice developments across markets, industry trends and competitors.
- Concern for Excellence: Takes responsibility for delivering sustained strong performance across all dimensions and remains motivated in the face of adversity or setback