Senior Business Analyst, 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Business Analyst with a background in financial services to join Macquarie's Financial Management Group as part of the EMEA Project and Change team.
You will have demonstrated experience in business analysis and project delivery within an Agile project framework, with emphasis on platforms and understanding system integration across multiple systems. You must be confident working across various business groups and functional teams, within capital and liquidity reporting change projects.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- initial focus will be initiating the Capital Requirements Directive 5 (CRD V) project (operational readiness for compliance with the European Banking Authority's suite of CRD V requirements)
- as a key member of an Agile project scrum team, involvement will extend through the project lifecycle, assisting with planning, impact assessment, solution design, testing and implementation
- engaging with project managers, business subject matter experts and technology systems owners to supplement existing business and systems knowledge to document current and future state processes and conduct change impact analysis'
- creating/ updating business requirements for new and refined requirements
- working closely with the technical analysts to ensure business and functional requirements are correctly translated into technical specifications
- documenting and owning business acceptance test cases
- executing detailed data-testing, validating results against documented requirements
- identifying and investigating unexpected behaviours / patterns in input and output data
- managing, reviewing, and analysing testing issues and identifying options and recommendations
- supporting the business through execution of business acceptance/user acceptance test cases
- documenting of target business process and business readiness task list
- internal stakeholder management.
You will have experience working on projects in the financial services industry. You will also have experience within financial institutions and having worked on regulatory capital and liquidity projects previously. You will have a proven track record of delivering project outcomes; proven experience as a business analyst working on regulatory change projects and/or new platform implementations; the ability to relay information to key stakeholders succinctly and with clarity and an understanding of key testing principles and proven testing experience on data-focussed projects.
To be successful in this role you will need to be comfortable working with and interpreting large volumes of data. You will also need to be familiar with Data modelling EBA taxonomy and / or Axiom would be highly advantageous.
You will also have:
- an analytical mindset, with a close eye for detail
- experience working with Agile would be advantageous
- ability to coordinate multiple assignments and work independently
- strong experience in project documentation and experience in all stages of project life cycles including analysis, design, build and test support and implementation
- demonstrated stakeholder engagement and management skills
- a flexible, proactive, solution-oriented approach.
If this sounds like your next role, then please apply now! About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We recognise that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.