Senior Business Data Analyst
- £70 - £80k p/a
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Finshore Partners
- 24 May 19
A wonderful opportunity has come up for a Senior Business Data Analyst to join our client, who are a leading Investment Manager based in London, on a permanent basis.
Main purpose of role:
We are looking for an experienced and broadly-skilled senior business data analyst who will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and who is motivated by the opportunity to continue to build out an asset management organisation.
The senior business data analyst will be working in partnership with business functions to define requirements, support system design, undertake data analysis, undertake user-testing, document business processes/procedures and complete other ad-hoc analysis as required. They will also be working in partnership with the IT teams to manage the delivery through the development life cycle.
Deep subject-matter expertise in data analysis and asset management is essential for this role.
Key Responsibilities and Scope of role:
- Update and maintain business analysis artefacts, such as requirements documents, gap analyses, entity relationship diagrams, process maps, test plans and test scripts.
- Update and maintain project management artefacts, such as project plans, issues and risk registers.
- Provide early escalation of risks and issues identified on any project.
- Review third-party project plans, testing and sign-off documents.
- Work with the Development team for handover of new enhancements, fixes and upgrades for integration and user acceptance testing
- Create user guides and perform training.
- Working with the key stakeholders within our clients organisation to implement change from requirements, build and testing from an end to end process.
- Work with the Service Delivery team for handover of new enhancements, fixes and upgrades to the Production environment for production readiness and planning.
- Working with the Architecture Manager to ensure new projects adhere to IT and Business Architecture principles.
- Manage IT projects & assist with new initiatives - planning, management and reporting and where appropriate develop and manage the plans for key upgrades to business applications and data Middleware.
Educated to degree level, or with equivalent work experience
Relevant Business Analysis and Project Management qualifications which could be fulfilled by proven hands on experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Direct experience of working within the Asset Management or vendor management space supporting the buy side for at least 5 years is required - ESSENTIAL
- An excellent knowledge of business analysis processes around best practice.
- A proven track record in management of managing of software delivery projects and understanding of the software development process from an end to end perspective.
- A thorough understanding of software development process (agile or waterfall), testing and release management process and implementation of a framework and standards.
- Good knowledge of the data and the data-flows used at an asset manager.
- Good knowledge of SQL for data analysis is required.
- Experience and writing test scripts.
- Good knowledge of various investment products, such as; equities, funds, bonds, ETD's and OTC's including CDS, FFX, IRS, TRS.
- Knowledge of MarkitEDM and thinkFolio or equivalent OMS is desirable.