Senior C++/Python Engineer
- £70,000 +
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Radley James
- 02 Apr 19
A leading trading firm in the heart of London which is driven by their technology department and automated trading platforms. They trade across Equity, Fixed Income & FX and are breaking into new markets to diversify their portfolio.
This trading firm is looking for a C++/Python developer to join their front office team working on a diverse number of projects. The ideal candidate will be building the tools, pricing models, applications to implement directly onto the teams trading platforms. In addition to this the candidate will also be adjusting and scrapping downt o build new order management systems, market data feed handlers and enhancing the exchange system.
The candidate will be guided by a senior developed but will have free reign to investigate new technologies and come up with innovative solutions to improve and enhance the trading systems as well as having the confidence to scrap and build anew individually when integrated into their systems.
- Demonstrated experience in Python and/or C++ (3 years+ in a commercial environment)
- A deep understanding of object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
- An aptitude for analytical problem solving
- Exposure to all phases of the software development lifecycle
- BSc in Computer Science or related area
- Experienced working with one or more of the following: FIX protocol, market data feed handlers, data feeds, and/or order management systems
- Strong desire to learn and improve OOP kills and a curiosity for new techniques and technologies
- Excellent a-levels or comparable university entrance exam results