Senior C++ Engineer - News Streaming & Alerting
Bloomberg is the predominant force in financial market news. The News Streaming & Alerting engineering team builds the engine which alerts users about market moving news from hundreds of millions of stories, sourced from thousands of news providers in many languages from across the globe. Our system works alongside the Search engine to provide real-time monitoring of news content and delivers alert/notifications to clients to ensure they are ahead of the market when news breaks. We also manage the news ingestion pipeline which augments story data by connecting with other teams in News and Data Science groups, which is the hub of the News wheel. We partner with other teams in News as well as the open-source community to leverage Apache Lucene and Luwak to work alongside the Apache Solr engine which power the search side of News.
Looking forward, our system is growing at a fast pace as we ingest ever increasing volume of content and onboard new client traffic. What's in it for you?
We'd expect you to:
- Opportunity to design and build distributed fault-tolerant systems.
- An opportunity to implement low-latency and large scale applications that will push your technical skills
- Opportunity to build expertise in the field of Information Retrieval and be involved in open source development.
We'd love to see:
- Industry experience working with C++ as your main programming language
- Be familiar with designing and building multi-threaded applications
- Communication skills to collaborate with multiple teams
- Agile/scrum process experience
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development, CI/CD tools like Jenkins
- Familiarity with search engines like Solr/Lucene/Elasticsearch
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/software-engineering-experienced-hire/
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know! If this sounds like you, apply!
And do check out our blog, TechAtBloomberg.com/ to learn more.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.