Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee The opportunity
To join one of the London markets leading marine and energy claims teams.
Our underwriting team has grown significantly in the sustainable energies field to meet the evolving needs of our customer base, and opportunity arises to play a key role in delivering claim support. The QBE Marine and Energy Claims team has built a reputation for excellence within the market and is widely recognised for its technical expertise and leadership.
You will be responsible for efficiently handling a dedicated case load of a large and complex lead energy claims for the Natural Resources claims team from cradle to grave. The role will be focussed on managing our growing portfolio of sustainable energies claims however, it will also involve the handling of traditional oil and gas losses.
If you are someone who is looking for an excellent opportunity in a role that empowers individuals and provides and encourages technical and personal development, then we would love to hear from you! Your new role
- Proactively handle lead sustainable energy and oil and gas claims from first advice to settlement.
- Foster good relationships with policyholders, brokers, underwriters and reinsurers, and drive excellent customer service.
- Ensure that there is prompt and accurate reserving, identifying and pursuing relevant third party recoveries and seeking to reduce claims leakage.
- The ability to prioritise where necessary, identifying deadlines such as those stipulated within lawsuits, demand letters and in addressing claims queries.
- Participate in and lead client meetings, settlement negotiations and market meetings.
- General claims administrative duties such as electronic file management filing and payment requests, and the production of management information.
- Working closely with underwriters providing feedback on claims issues and trends and insight into technological advances, in what is a fast growing industry.
- Identify and escalate claims related issues to the Claims Manager where necessary.
Why QBE? At My Best
- A good understanding of the sustainable energies or oil and gas sector.
- Ideally 5 years plus experience of insurance products, as either a claims handler, broker, underwriter, or purchaser
- Ideally a good understanding of energy insurance policy wordings -Onshore/Offshore/LOPI/COW.
- Experience working in the energy sector would be desirable.
- Good computer skills (including Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel), and use of ECF an advantage.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Comfortable leading market and client meetings
- Capable of managing the work involved in cyber incidents and/or forensic investigations
- Excellent communication skills and capable of credibly speaking to clients and partners and comfortable leading client meetings and settlement negotiations.
At QBE, we want our people to feel rewarded and inspired to perform at their best, that's why we have created At My Best". It's our connection, our way of showing we have your back. We understand that one size doesn't fit all and that priorities can change depending on your life stage. That is why our blend of wellbeing initiatives and benefits offer flexibility to suit what matters most to you. It's in the culture of our business, our QBE DNA, to support our people. Everything we do is underpinned by our QBE DNA - because we know it's not just what we do that matters, it's how we do it that makes the difference. In addition to this, we also offer flexible parental leave for both parents and have several employee network groups that support and empower our diverse workforce.
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job, we have adopted flexible working across the company and welcome this conversation.
Some of the award's QBE are proud to have won, been a finalist for, and shortlisted for include; Employer of the Year 2022 Winner
- Insurance Insider British Claims Awards 2022 Winner
- InsurTech Award Insurance Times Claims Excellence Awards 2022 Winner -
Claims Product Solution of the Year Working Families Best Practice Awards 2021
Finalist for: Best COVID-19 Response Insurance Post British Insurance Awards 2022
Shortlisted for: Best Customer Care, Diversity & Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022, Specialist Insurer of the Year (for Construction), General Insurer of the Year
We are proud to have partnerships with organisations such as Stonewall and Working Families, and our commitment to the Women in Finance Charter, the UN Women's Empowerment Principles and Race at Work charter helps keep us accountable and transparent Inclusion of Diversity
We are striving to create a workplace culture where all our people feel included, and we are committed to building a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we operate in.
We know that diversity of thought, background and experience enables better decision making, improves the quality of our delivery and helps us to meet the needs of our customers. About QBE
QBE helps businesses build resilience through risk management and insurance.
QBE European Operations is part of QBE Insurance Group, one of the world's leading international insurers and reinsurers and Standard & Poor's A+ rated. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange, QBE's gross written premium for the year ended 31 December 2021 was US$18.5 billion.
As a business insurance specialist, QBE European Operations offers a range of insurance products from the standard suite of property, casualty and motor to the specialist financial lines, marine and energy. All are tailored to the individual needs of our small, medium and large customer base.
To find out more about why you should work for QBE, visit our careers website . What next?
If you have a passion to contribute to QBE's vision of enabling a more resilient future for our customers and the community, we encourage you to APPLY NOW! Simply click the apply" button to submit your CV and other relevant documents, and a member of our friendly Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to discuss your interest further if you meet the requirements of the role.
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.