Senior Cloud Engineer, London (18282)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Self Employed, Full time
- Fitch Ratings
- 21 Nov 18
Senior Cloud Engineer, London (18282)
Dual-headquartered in New York and London, Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch Solutions delivers credit market data, analytical tools and risk services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market based content, Fitch Solutions distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution, Fitch Solutions helps financial professionals meet the diverse and evolving needs of today's global markets.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions, along with Fitch Learning and BMI Research, are part of the Fitch Group, a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is owned by Hearst Corporation .
Fitch Ratings, Inc. and Fitch Solutions, Inc. are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. We comply with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which we operate, and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch Group is seeking a Senior Cloud Engineer to join the Cloud Engineering team within Fitch's IT Infrastructure Group. The team is responsible for Cloud Engineering, Architecture, Security and Telemetry. This includes managing Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) on Amazon Web Services and partnering with teams such as Development and DevOps to modernize infrastructure and application deployments.
Fitch has adopted a "cloud first" mentality and has moved many workloads to Amazon Web Services. Fitch is seeking an Senior Cloud Engineer to provision new environments on AWS including writing CloudFormation templates and Chef cookbooks for zero touch deployment. The Engineer will support production web site building in close partnership with Fitch Group Marketing development teams. They will look to deeply understand and support those environments as well as work to move them onto modern deployment frameworks like Docker on Kubernetes.
- Develop and maintain infrastructure automation tools
- Partner with DevOps to build and manage a CI/CD framework for supported environments
- Execute on security best practices for cloud deployments
- Implement system and service telemetry to improve reliability and availability
- Develop deep insight into application and service performance
- Gain a working knowledge of our applications and work with Development to make them more cloud friendly and horizontally scalable
- Ensure system security through industry best practices
The candidate must possess the following skills, experiences and qualities:
- Solid experience with AWS services such as EC2, S3, VPC, CloudFormation, Route53, ELB, Lambda, API Gateway, RDS, etc.
- Extensive experience working with Linux, NGINX/Apache and PHP environments at enterprise scale
- Background supporting large scale websites with CDN Services
- Familiarity with APM and service telemetry environments
- Experience with Chef, Puppet or Ansible (Chef Preferred)
- Ability to script using PHP, Python, Ruby and/or Java
- Understanding of containerization and experience leveraging Docker
- Solid knowledge of cloud security and best practices
- Good working knowledge of Windows platforms
- Solid background in network, storage and DNS services
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well on collaborative, cross-functional teams. Solid interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with people of all levels of information technology expertise with a wide range of constituencies and organizational relationships
- Understanding of Project Management tools, techniques and methodologies including agile
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or relevant work experience preferred
- Fluent in English
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http://www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.js