Senior Communications Manager
Senior Communications Manager Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC's global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world's leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts , as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2019 and beyond, we are currently seeking a Senior Communications Manager
to join HSBC Technology. What you will be doing;
Qualifications What you will bring to the role;
- Using insight and engagement of stakeholders in determining communication needs
- Developing and driving a series of communications activities and programmes that support the strategic goals and initiatives of the Chief Technology Officer and the Engineering Practice of HSBC
- Participating in communication campaigns and projects to support business activities and strategies
- Creating engaging content in line with HSBC values and ensure alignment with Global policies
- Ensuring effective communication of HSBC priorities, company purpose and business activities to diverse audiences
- Executing communications strategies internally and externally
- Develop strong relationships and work collaboratively with key stakeholders including Technology ExCo members and their teams, subject matter experts, other global, regional and country communications colleagues and the Technology communications network to deliver effective, engaging communications.
- Delivering compelling content and messages using the full channel mix, to ensure colleagues in multiple regions are fully engaged with Technology's overall strategy, operating model, structure, plans, culture and values.
To be successful in this role you should have proven experience and knowledge of the following skills:
- Developing, managing and delivering employee communication programmes in support of business outcomes within a complex, global, matrix environment
- Excellent soft skills, including consulting, influencing and stakeholder management, with the ability and experience to engage confidently and effectively with senior leaders, building trust through delivery, while advising, coaching and challenging as required
- A strong team player who works collaboratively and builds strong networks with peers.
- Time management skills and the ability to flexibly priorities a dynamic set of deliverables
- Establish effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
These roles will primarily be London based at our Head Office in Canary Wharf.
Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.