A top tier asset manager in the city is looking for a Senior Compliance Advisory to join their growing team. The firm is a specialist asset manage with £750bn of AUM, at the forefront of designing and delivering investment solutions designed specifically to meet their clients’ evolving investment needs.
- Regulatory risk assessment process – the ongoing review of the effectiveness of Insight’s ‘end to end’ systems and controls in mitigating its regulatory risks. Ensure enhancement measures are identified and implemented in a timely manner as necessary. This will include liaising with Insight’s key outsourcers/vendors as required
- Compliance Manual/Policies/Procedures – the ongoing development and maintenance of the Compliance manual, policies and procedures. Ensuring these are kept up to date and relevant for Insight’s business,
- Advice – the proactive provision of clear advice, guidance and training to the business and new joiners on regulatory matters, including the Compliance manual, policies and procedures. Dealing with queries from the business in a timely manner
- Regulatory change/guidance – undertake horizon scanning to identify and assess the impact of new/amended regulatory requirements, guidance and hot topics relevant to Insight. Proactively liaise and work with business areas on implementing new or amended governance arrangements, processes and controls regarding areas of regulatory change and focus. Identify relevant findings from regulatory enforcement cases and assess if any further actions for Insight to take in enhancing its regulatory control environment in these areas.
- Involvement with FCA re surveys, visits, reviews including:
- Inputting into the provision of information requests and onsite visits
- Assisting Insight prepare for onsite FCA visits
- Inputting into Insight responses to FCA review reports.
- Tracking completion of any actions committed to in responses
- Production and implementation of training covering key regulatory risks impacting on Insight.
- Analyse outputs from the regulatory risk assessment process and ancillary activities and identify, report and address any underlying systemic trends that may exist.
- Liaise with other Compliance Teams and colleagues re findings from activities
- Good understanding of the asset management industry, particularly:-
- Key activities and processes
- Principle regulatory risks and how conduct risk applies across a firm
- Applicable regulations (including forthcoming changes)
- Various Compliance organisational structures, frameworks and programmes
- Desirable controls, processes and practices in key areas of regulatory risk
- Ability to apply knowledge in a practical manner, making connections between varying regulations and parts of the business
- Ability to interpret and draw out the important impacts of regulatory change on Insight together with potential solutions as appropriate
- Desire to continually enhance knowledge and understanding of the industry, the regulatory environment