Senior Compliance Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Green Street
- 20 Oct 17 2017-10-20
Green Street Advisors provides premium research and data on the Pan-European real estate markets to help clients optimise their investment decisions. Our unique approach to understanding and uncovering value in the listed and direct real estate space begins with an objective, unbiased view of ever-shifting global real estate markets.
We are currently seeking a Senior Compliance Associate to join our London based team. The successful candidate will have the following skills.
- Previous generalist compliance experience is a must
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good working knowledge of all Microsoft packages
- Legal training and experience would be an attractive additional skill set
- Responsibility for GABRIEL returns (Systems and Controls report, Pillar 2 etc) and CONNECT applications and withdrawals;
- Reviewing, updating and maintaining compliance policies, manual and procedure documents;
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory developments affecting the firm, implementing updates to systems & controls and training staff accordingly where required;
- Updating and maintaining compliance registers; including AML/SAR’s, Breaches, Conflicts of Interest, Financial Promotions, PAD, STR/STOR’s, Gifts and Entertainment;
- Co-ordinating staff training programme and maintaining training records; including conducting compliance inductions for new starters;
- Assisting in the preparation of annual MLRO and CO reports to the board;
- Customer due diligence, client take on procedures for new clients and performing ongoing KYC;
- Dealing with compliance queries as and when they arise; including co-ordinating compliance inbox;
- Compliance monitoring including co-ordinating with compliance consultants for semi-annual outsourced compliance monitoring;
- Liaising with US compliance about cross firm compliance related matters;
- Reviewing and approving financial promotions including analyst presentations;
It is envisaged that over time the role will grow to include responsibility for some or all of the following:
- Responsibility for Companies House filings
- Oversight of escalated Trade monitoring - Eflow alert checks
- Holding CF10/CF11
For candidates with a legal skill set the following would likely form part of the job description:
- Reviewing and amending legal agreements;
- Maintaining and updating client documentation as necessary, including GSA Terms of Business.
- Contract preparation; NDAs, engagement letters, CSAs etc
- Over time involvement in contractual negotiations
- Enthusiastic, positive, professional and bright
- Responsible, consistent and discrete
- Strong work ethic and motivation to learn
- Meticulous attention to detail and high level of organisation
If you are interested in this opportunity and fill the requirements, please apply here submitting a copy of your CV and a cover letter.
Deadline for applications is 11 November 2017.