Senior Compliance Manager - Markets Advisory
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Western Union
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
In this role, you will be responsible for compliance for the Western Union International Bank – UK branch (WUIB UK; part of the WUBS division, with a strong focus on Foreign Exchange payment solutions (incorporating spot, forwards, futures, and FX derivatives) for SMEs and corporate customers. You will also be responsible for employee training, management of customer monitoring, setting of policy rules for detailed guidance to ensure a sustainable business growth and support for the introduction of new products.
~Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
• Be a main driving point for the implementation of MiFID compliant structures and procedures across WUIB UK, through management and further development of consumer related obligations, internal organizational requirements and duties regarding outsourced services.
• Manage and drive the Markets Advisory Compliance programs to be in line with regulatory obligations and business requirements for WUBS.
• Support the Risk Strategy, including the annual Risk Assessment for WUBS and the refinement of risk management strategies, as well as the outsourcing of compliance related tasks.
• Support the Regulatory strategy alongside the introduction of new products and ad hoc compliance projects as required.
What you will need to succeed:
• You will be degree qualified, preferably in Law or Business Administration, with proven experience in a similar role(Derivatives compliance, MiFID knowledge, high level of expertise in Regulatory Affairs, external auditor covering Compliance topics) including expertise in AML/CFT, as well as MiFID and FCA/ PRA related Compliance subject matters
• You will possess excellent relationship management skills through the utilisation of both written and verbal communication including formal presentations
• The ability to read, understand and apply complex legal regulations across the wider Western Union
• You will possess excellent problem solving skills, good negotiation skills and fluent English language skills.
What’s in it for you?
• Ongoing learning and career development opportunities.
• An interesting multicultural working environment with the ability to collaborate and link across borders with sector and technical experts in all parts of our business supported by cutting edge technology and systems.
• An attractive base salary is on offer depending on skills and experience, along with a language bonus and a comprehensive benefits package. As a member of our team you will be also be involved in our global employee recognition programme.
What’s it like here?
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation, and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next ground-breaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or other protected category. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com.