Protiviti’s UK Technology Consulting practice helps organisations to identify, understand and address technology challenges across their organisation. The criticality of technology to any business and the need to make the best use of emerging technologies like Cloud, AI, Robotics and machine learning across all industries means that the practice is a high growth area for Protiviti.
We are looking for a Senior Consultant within our UK Practice to join our expanding team to take on responsibilities for contributing to the successful execution of projects and developing trusted and lasting relationships with clients through quality delivery.
Protiviti’s engagements can require travel to client sites across the UK and a willingness to travel both nationally and internationally is essential.
- Delivering technology engagements across a variety of clients;
- Managing your own contribution to the delivery team – to both Protiviti and client resources – to ensure successful delivery of the engagement;
- Working closely with the client teams to ensure that their needs are understood and that and actions are identified, communicated and driven forward;
- Providing coaching to consultants, either working directly on your engagements or through buddy system to provide broader guidance and support;
- Managing engagement economics to ensure that budgets are tracked and monitored and issues escalated to engagement managers and leadership as appropriate;
- Supporting practice leads to development practice materials, such as marketing collateral, briefing papers, thought leadership, case studies and research; and
- Refining your consulting skills to start to identify areas for potential specialism or focus as you progress in your career.
- Strong foundational understanding of core technologies, including applications and infrastructure, databases, server environments etc.
- Strong understanding of technology risk (e.g. CoBIT framework, ISO27001, NIST CSF etc.)
- Good understanding of core ITIL-based processes (IT asset management, incident management, change management etc.)
- Experience of managing self in a project environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including the development of structured reports containing findings and recommendations
- Ability to translate technology topics and into “business speak” to be understood by a wide range of both technology and business stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience of developing strong working relationships with both an internal and an external customer / client team
- Appetite to embrace innovation, working with teams to identify new approaches or technologies to solve problems
- Experience of working with Cloud technologies, e.g. Azure, AWS, O365
- Experience on a large-scale technology delivery
- Experience of working on privacy projects e.g. GDPR, CCPA Compliance
Ability to Travel
In ordinary circumstances, we travel throughout the month frequently based upon client requests / commitments. Travel may include local, regional, or international locations.