Senior Consultant, Azure Cloud Architect/Engineer, Cloud Engineering, London & Regional Offices
Deloitte Cloud Engineering Imagines
innovative Cloud solutions on Microsoft Azure for some of the UK's most prominent companies with a relentless focus on business value. We pride ourselves on the quality of our people and offer unique opportunities to learn, grow and lead in exciting new areas of Microsoft Azure such as AI, machine learning, IoT and AR/VR.
You will guide our clients through their Azure cloud journey from strategy through to a secure, scalable and supportable environment supporting their most critical services. Business Operations
- Want to work with the latest technologies, as part of a team helping international organisations transform their core business capabilities? Whether you're working with on-premise systems, Cloud technology, or custom-developed solutions (to name just a few), your expertise will help clients deliver continuous improvement and innovation, from initial design right through to implementation and optimization.
Your role will focus on helping our clients to architect, engineer and deliver modern, agile Azure Cloud environments to support and scale their businesses.
You will have responsibilities for:
Your work, your choice
- Helping shape and grow Deloitte's Azure practice, honing your own skills and developing those of others
- Collaborating with cloud and industry thought leaders across disciplines to Imagine , Deliver and Run innovative Azure-based client solutions incorporating advanced analytics, AI, IoT, machine learning and secure workplace technologies
- Coming together with your colleagues in high performing teams to help grow Deloitte by winning new business
- Becoming an active part of our Deloitte Microsoft Community of Practice, with opportunities to train, attend conferences and network with your colleagues
- Building lasting relationships with clients and colleagues and a sustained career within a partnership led by those such as you who consistently deliver for our clients
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you. Location
London or regional offices Work pattern
This is a permanent contract opportunity. Your professional experience
We are looking for candidates who are able to demonstrate skills and experience in some of the following:
Your service line: Consulting
- Strong technical skills including a number of the following:
- Cloud technologies and services on Azure Cloud Platform
- Container technologies such as Docker and their associated orchestration engines such as Kubernetes
- Infrastructure as code development such as Terraform, ARM, PowerShell or CLI
- Using Cloud automation tooling including Continuous Integration & Deployment as part of a DevOps approach
- Knowledge of security and performance considerations in a Microsoft environment, and exposure to security and performance testing process
- Experience helping clients define technical and non-functional requirements
- Cloud environment design and implementation, including an understanding of how to support cloud environments long-term
- Key consulting skills including a number of the following:
- Strong ability to provide thought-through, clearly articulated, pragmatic solutions and recommendations to complex business problems
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise work load, meet project deadlines, and drive results
- Ability to communicate complex / technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Ability to articulate the benefits of cloud adoption and transformation in terms of business value for our clients
- Knowledge of Azure and other cloud platforms necessary to articulate the differences between them and the benefits of Azure in comparison
- Management of teams and deliverables
- Vendor/product assessment and selection
- Assessment of applications for technical suitability for migration to Cloud
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting direction.
WPFULL SLCONS BABSOP CFTECH LOCOFFICE
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 176743