Senior Consultant, Cloud Engineering, Cloud Managed Services, Consulting, London
Deloitte Cloud is a team of engineers who pride ourselves in designing, building and running best of breed cloud native infrastructure solutions for all our clients.
We are not afraid to ask 'why' and always push to do things better. We are passionate about automation and we all take responsibility to ensure we deliver the best possible experience for our clients. We have a strong bias for action and want to get things done.
We work with some of the world's most recognisable organisations, from well-known brands to key government and civic organisations who play important roles in our lives.
To enable us to continue making an impact for our clients and Deloitte, we are actively seeking to recruit people who want to be a part of our journey. We are looking for like-minded people who have a proven track record of learning and applying what they've learnt.
Our commitment to your development
We are committed to developing the skills of our teammates; we are as interested in what you want to learn as what you already know. So, if you do not have significant experience of a specific tool or product in our job responsibilities description, do not be discouraged. If you want to develop those skills, we will help.
Want to work with the latest technologies, as part of a team helping international organisations transform their core business capabilities? Whether you're working with on-premise systems, Cloud technology, or custom-developed solutions (to name just a few), your expertise will help clients deliver continuous improvement and innovation, from initial design right through to implementation and optimization.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. Your role
- Build out AWS and Azure infrastructure designs using automation templates or tools such as Terraform and Ansible;
- Contribute to best practice infrastructure designs to the highest standards possible; provide feedback /peer review on designs produced by colleagues;
- Take responsibility for all aspects of infrastructure solutions you build: from security by design to creating accompanying high-quality documentation;
- Build with the end in mind and get involved in all aspects of development and operations for the platform solutions we build and manage;
- Actively seek out opportunities to automate manual functions and pro-actively improve the reliability and performance of our cloud platforms;
- Maintain knowledge of developments in Azure/AWS/GCP services and seek out opportunities to apply new features and functionality to existing design patterns;
Your personal characteristics
- Ability to become a trusted advisor to our clients;
- A strong bias for action;
A passion for technology;
- A desire to learn and continually develop;
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written forms to address both technical and consultative audiences;
- Great attention to detail;
Deloitte Cloud Perks
Your work, your choice
- 256Gb iPhone XR, Macbook Pro or HP Spectre Pro, multi-monitor deskspace
- Access to on-line training platforms such as Linux Academy and Linkedin Learning;
- Quarterly All-Hands meetups; we share our successes, plans and socialise;
- Regular team breakfasts;
- Certification rewards; ranging from Amazon vouchers to trips to re:Invent/Ignite;
- Flexible working environment;
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: This role is based in at our London office with occasional travel to other Deloitte locations and client sites.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time
- Technical experience working in IT with a strong understanding of IT infrastructure fundamentals; compute infrastructure, storage, networking and management thereof;
- At least one certification on a relevant cloud platform (e.g. Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate/MCSE or AWS Certified Solutions Architect or Google Professional Cloud Architect);
- Solid understanding of Cloud technologies including fundamental characteristics of cloud, cloud-native design fundamentals, best practices (such as Azure Review Framework or AWS Well Architected Framework);
- A strong understanding of security concerns around cloud and a willingness to develop infrastructure solutions, which are secure by design;
- Strong interest in building cloud infrastructure, some experience in doing so allied to a strong desire to develop cloud skills further, including certifications;
- Strong OS knowledge including recent Windows and / or Linux experience;
- Some scripting experience with any modern scripting language (Terraform, Ansible, Python, Powershell preferred) with a strong desire to develop further;
- Understanding of using any of the above technologies to automate tasks allied to a strong desire to build on your existing skills;
- Familiarity with IT support processes and a commitment to produce supportable designs and builds;
- Familiarity with DevOps practices & culture, CI/CD pipelines;
- Willingness to travel occasionally
Salary; Market Rate. Open date: 04.03.2020; Closing date: 01.04.2020. Full Time. Your service line: Consulting
- Multiple AWS, Azure or GCP certifications;
- Experience of development pipeline technologies such as Jenkins, Git, Github or any competitors thereof;
- Experience of automating infrastructure deployment; using any of CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible, Salt, Chef or Puppet;
- Particular Windows / Microsoft ecosystem experience; Azure, Powershell, experience using any of Microsoft's OS deployment management toolset;
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 176844