Senior Consultant, Human Capital, Actuarial, Rewards & Analytics - Capital Markets Group, London
Your opportunity Can you see what's coming round the corner? The Capital Markets Group (CMG) specialises in modelling risks such as the future movements of UK and international economic markets and longevity rates. If you have extremely strong quantitative and technical skills and would like to apply them in an actuarial and banking context, we are the right place for you. Are you up for the challenge?
Your role The CMG team is part of the Analytics and Quantitative Modelling (AQM) team, and is based in London. As part of the CMG team, you will be involved in the more technical aspects of actuarial and banking work including proxy modelling, risk modelling and stochastic economic scenario modelling. Work in CMG requires high levels of quantitative skills to solve challenging problems on behalf of our clients.
There is a focus on research and development, with the team being responsible for the development of Deloitteâ€™s stochastic economic scenario modelling suite, XSG
, and developing solutions to difficult client problems in the capital model area. Tasks could involve:
- Researching potential enhancements to modelling approaches and writing research papers on these;
- Developing tools to assist clients in using XSG and delivering training sessions to clients on XSG tools and methodologies;
- Helping clients enhance and optimise their internal modelling processes.
Your work, your choice There is also crossover with the Actuarial Insurance and Banking teams, which provides the opportunity for a breadth of experience including:
- Designing, implementing and testing risk & valuation models for major companies to help these companies comply with the latest financial regulations;
- Analysing client data and presenting your findings to the client by means of visualisation tools.
We take your development very seriously. Our appraisal process is structured, transparent and interactive - you'll receive continuous training and ongoing supportive feedback to help you develop in your current role and progress through the grades to manager and beyond.
We foster an open and friendly working environment that naturally allows everyone to learn from the wide range of experts within the practice.
We also believe in structured development through formal training and personal development plans, covering areas such as:
- Actuarial modelling skills;
- Building relationships;
- Project Management;
- Business development; and
- Consulting skills
Location You will be based in a Deloitte London office, however travel will be required for client based projects. Whilst some clients are London based, we do spend time on site with regional and international clients. We specify full mobility for our consulting roles but we make arrangements respectfully.
Hours This is a permanent role with a degree of flexibility. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients.
Your professional experience Consultant â€" Senior Consultant will have responsibility for:
- Actively contributing to a wide range of client projects of a technical actuarial nature;
- Calibrating and supporting the XSG software, assisting with day to day technical issues and resolving them in a timely and effective manner;
- Answering inquiries on software applications while developing and delivering solutions to clients;
- Developing sufficient subject matter expertise across our products to lead proposals and participate in pitches, to generate interest in our products
- Acting in a leading role with regard to product development and running projects;
- Participating in sales meetings to run demos for products, gathering requirements and conducting implementation for new clients;
- Supporting and managing client relationships in the use of our products including providing training to these clients;
- Managing small teams of junior actuarial trainees as part of a larger project, including performance management;
- Having extensive client contact, including dealing with queries, attending meetings with support and working on client sites;
- Contributing to practice management, for example mentoring less experienced colleagues and involvement in recruitment.
Requirements To qualify we are looking for:
The ideal applicant should also be:
- A solid academic track record in Mathematics (or quantitative subject);
- Good progress towards a recognised actuarial qualification;
- Previous experience in an economic scenario generator modelling role;
- Good knowledge of the life insurance industry
- Experience of valuations, proxy modelling, risk modelling and economic capital modelling;
- Modelling skills with advanced knowledge in one coding language;
- Proficient in writing macros using Microsoft Excel VBA;
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming languages;
- An understanding of software architecture and good design practice creating scalable, maintainable, extensible and testable software without over-engineering.
- Highly mathematical
- Adept at solving problems
- Sharp and analytical
- A team player
- Driven and highly committed
Your service line: Consulting Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clientsâ€™ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways . We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work â€" and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
How to apply
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Please apply on our careers page
SLCONS BAHUCC WPFULL
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
Â© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 166714