Senior Consultant Regulatory Reporting, Transfer Agency
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Senior Consultant Regulatory Reporting, Transfer AgencyROLE
The department is responsible for providing complex MIS reporting, operational support, for UK Transfer Agency , this includes oversight and analysis functions to Identify all records and reporting are correct. Conduct process reviews compile and submit IMA returns, coordinate business continuity plans and to provide management information and analysis to business units based in EMEA and India.
This role requires the individual have an understanding of the work across all departments within Transfer Agency and how they inter relate, along with good planning and organisation skills to meet deadlines.
• Understanding of the regulation governing FATCA/CRS and 1099 on boarding and reporting.
• Gathering comprehensive and relevant information from multiple sources.
• Participate in the quality checking of the reports.
• System testing and implementing new solutions for reporting.
• Maintain close relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
• Escalation point for internal and external clients.
• Ensure reporting deadlines are met.
• Understand and communicate new and existing regulatory changes to clients and internal partners.
• Support Audits and client visits.
• Monitors and reports on Yearly report production. Makes recommendations to manager on procedure changes.
• Good understanding of numerical data.
• Ability to identify errors and take the necessary corrective action promptly.
• Thinks ahead and develops plans that take account of contingencies.
• Take responsibility for alerting others to Issues which impact on deadlines or quality of output.
• Systematically analyses a situation and gets to the root cause quickly.
• Prepare Presentation Packs for Clients and Audits..
• Seeks relevant information for decision making, asks the right questions to obtain correct data.
• Employees are required to comply with the regulatory regime in which Northern .Trust operates as appropriate to the above role.
• Employees are expected to exercise due care and diligence, ensuring the areas the incumbent is responsible for are organised and controlled.
• Employees are required to observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties.
INTERNAL KEY STAKEHOLDERS
• Relationship Managers
• Management Team
• Internal Clients
• External Clients
• Control, Risk
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
• Ability to interpret and present data in Reporting standard
• Analytical skills are required to research and resolve enquiries/queries
• Excellent planning and organisation skills with an approach to set and meet deadlines.
• Should demonstrate attention to details and have high accuracy levels in transcribing information.
• Good working knowledge in Excel and power point.
• Ability to multi-task
• Strong data analysis skills, Analytical Thinking.
• Customer Service experience, preferably gained in an investment administration environment
• Interpersonal (relationship builder, respectful, resolves problems, people friendly and organisational savvy)
• Communication (presentation skills, listening skills, oral communication skills, allows others to express themselves and written communication skills)
• Self-management (adaptability and resilience, learning behaviour, integrity and ethics and relationship builder)
• Motivation (performance standards, achieving results and persistent)
• Thinking (creative thinking decision making, input seeking ,logical thinking and solution finding)
• Organisational Knowledge (business knowledge, expert knowledge and external events impact)
• Client Service and Quality (quality, relationship building and client satisfaction)
• Administration (Anticipates needs, execution, planning, process specialist, quality seeker and time management)
• Leadership (Addresses difficult issues, builds effective teams focused on goals, champions new initiatives, fosters development, gives timely feedback and coaching, Idea generator and sets challenging performance standards )
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,100 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of June 30, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $135 billion in banking assets
• $8.1 trillion in assets under custody
• $10.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $1.1 trillion in assets under management