Senior Consultant, Support Specialist
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Senior Consultant, Support SpecialistResponsible for Support within the Global Service Delivery group. The Global Service Delivery group is responsible for the overall support of the production environment and providing a top tier-level service to the business. The Global Service Delivery group will also work with customers, internal service delivery units, and suppliers to ensure that the most appropriate levels of service are provided to the business.
1. Manage and monitor the production environment. Identify and implement opportunities to improve production stability and build strong relationships between NT and Infosys.
2. Establish clear, consistent processes to ensure work is properly recorded, prioritized, assigned, and tracked.
3. Ensure incidents are prioritized and worked on in proper order and review backlog items to ensure they move forward to closure.
4. Serves as escalation point for critical incidents and provides escalation support and guidance, in case of non-agreements among stakeholders.
5. Participates in governance activities and service reviews.
6. Follow-up on cross-team incidents to drive to resolution.
7. Escalate bottlenecks to NT management.
8. Operates independently; has in-depth knowledge of business unit / function. Communicate with stakeholders and business on escalated items.
9. As subject area expert, provides comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to team and partners at a high technical level.
10. Carries out activities that are large in scope, cross-functional and technically difficult.
11. Develops periodic goals, organizes the work, sets short-term priorities, monitors all activities, and ensures timely and accurate completion of the work.
12. Periodically engage with business partners to review progress and priorities and develop and maintain rapport through professional interactions with clear, concise communications.
13. Ensure cross-functional duties, including bug fixes & scheduling changes etc. are scheduled and completed by the relevant teams.
14. Build a strong and cohesive team environment in which cooperates to resolve problems, improve production reliability, stability, and availability.
15. Follow the ITIL processes of Incident, Problem & Change Management.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
Highly flexible and adaptable to change.
• Leadership and organizational skills are required to develop periodic goals and to manage and motivate team members towards the goals set.
In-depth Functional / Industry Knowledge are required.
• Utilize technological skills to automate repetitive tasks such as SoD checks and system jobs.
• Strong proficiency with SQL.
• Skilled at optimizing large complicated SQL statements.
• Knowledge of best practices when dealing with databases.
• Proficient understanding of troubleshooting common database issues.
• Demonstrate proficieny of Python framewrok.
• Write reusable, testable, and efficient code in Python.
• Design and implement of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications in Python.
• Administer the automated job scheduling system, Control-M.
• Analyze and test new or existing procedures, information systems, or utility programs for efficiency and effectiveness including:
- requirements, procedures and problems to determine the need for further automation or to improve existing systems from end users
- processing cycles and utilize Control-M utilities to forecast and plan
- customer requests and take appropriate action to add, delete, or modify production, test, system, user and housekeeping applications
- all Control-M run control calendars to ensure run date accuracy
• Troubleshoot and take corrective action for problems involving Control-M dependencies using conditions/resource manual conditions utility.
• Maintain all existing Control-M scheduling definitions.
• Utilize Control-M Event Manager to create and maintain rule definitions.
• Assist and help to co-ordinate the provision of second and third-line technical support for Windows.
• Understand the procedure for Windows based server systems where hardware and software upgrades are required.
• Knowledge of housekeeping tasks for major systems. This will include assisting in configuring and monitoring the backup processes on all servers, and carrying out restore operations as required.
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of December 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $10.1 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $7.6 trillion in assets under custody
• $1.1 trillion in assets under management
• $132 billion in banking assets