Senior Corporate Actions Analyst/ Team Lead/ Financial Markit Technologies
The IHS Markit Managed Corporate Actions (MCA) service is a best-in-class centralized source of validated corporate action announcements. The service provides a centralized source of validated corporate action data for nearly three million equities, fixed income and structured securities, across more than 170 countries and territories. As financial firms face a deluge of raw information on corporate actions, the risks and costs associated with acquiring and managing this data is higher than ever. An investment decision based on poor data quality, in terms of both accuracy and timeliness, can have enormous ramifications, with potential exposure running into the millions of dollars.
The Managed Corporate Actions team validates data through an intricate and precise process of consolidating, researching and validating announcement information. Through this validation process, we enhance vendor records and resolve conflicting information with agents and custodians to provide clients with a single golden corporate action record.
Managed Corporate Actions drives to reduce operational risk and lower cost of ownership through the provision of shared industry services for buy side and sell side firms, central banks, regulators, auditors and insurance companies. Position summary
The Senior Analyst will lead local corporate actions analyst team and be responsible for reviewing corporate action announcements and conducting research to obtain details required to validate and complete announcements for publication of golden copy records to customers.
Key functions include research and analysis to correctly validate the accuracy of announcement publication initiated by information received from suppliers. This involves leveraging knowledge and expertise to determine the correct sources for the most comprehensive information, interfacing with agents, vendors, and clients to investigate scenarios that are often unique and require significant investigation to reach a correct answer. The analyst role involves substantial contact with clients, who often request additional information and explanations from analysts around Markit's decisions and guidance on how to handle and interpret specific corporate actions. Duties & accountabilities
- Monitor work queues and dashboard against staff workload throughout the day to ensure that all work is addressed and completed to meet end of day SLAs
- Ensure quality control; review reports, research and deliver feedback to teammates to improve quality of manually validated corporate actions through experience and subject knowledge
- Collaborate with local leadership to identify training needs among the team, author training plans and documentation; deliver training to local team
- Review and validate event notification received from agents against issuer golden copy, reconcile with issuer golden copy by directly liaising with custodians/agents
- Review unresolved discrepancies escalated by team members, take decision for proper communications with agents and clients.
- Review daily exception reports; research and resolve exceptions to ensure accurate outcome for clients to avoid risk of significant monetary penalties
- Support projects and design and implement processes that lead to strategic change
- 5-8 years of relevant experience in corporate action, reference data or asset services
- Must be a subject matter expert in security reference data and corporate actions across global markets, in-depth understanding of corporate actions in global markets, typical vendor and agent practices
- Expert knowledge of ISO/Swift feeds required
- Strong research and data mining experience; proven ability to troubleshoot and think outside of the box
- Proven ability to partner with stakeholders across functions, such as Product Management, Operations, Technology, and Sales
- Experience in Prime Brokerage, Middle Office preferred
- Advanced Excel and SQL preferred
- Degree preferably in Finance, Economics or Business
- High level of initiative and motivation
- Outstanding analytical, research skills and desire to conduct research to support judgment and decisions
- Strong propensity to work under pressure, handle multiple responsibilities requiring varied skillsets, and meet tight deadlines
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills for interactions with prospects, existing clients, vendors and internal stakeholders across IHS Markit's business units and global locations
- Ability to be highly vocal and interactive
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.