Senior Credit Analyst - Energy Trading
- Up to £80,000
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- BSM Group
- 23 May 19
BSM Group are currently partnered with a leading Commodities Trading firm in London on the hire of a Senior Credit Risk Analyst. The role will work closely with the Head of Credit Risk and will involve a lot of detailed high level analysis. The ideal candidate will have a deep analytical skill set and exposure to LNG, Power and Gas counterparties.
- Working on the analysis of Counterparties’ credit worthiness to give appropriate credit limits. Regularly monitoring and counterparty status.
- Develop and maintain relationships with a portfolio of energy focussed counterparties. Work on supporting the negotiation of trade documentation.
- Partner the Front Office and communicate sound credit opinions in a convincing, understandable and concise manner to non-credit stakeholders. Ability to find innovative solutions which address risk reduction whilst responding to commercial requirements.
- Monitor credit exposure and risk measures. Be an advisory role to the front office on the impact of potential transactions.
- Build and maintain strong internal relationships across all business and support functions and ensure close liaison with other members of the risk management team.
- Providing advice and support to other team members concerning areas of expertise as well as exposure management.
- Over 6 years experience in a credit role either within an energy company, bank or rating agency.
- Experience and familiarity with the energy/commodity trading markets (particularly natural gas, power, oil, or LNG) is an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Understanding of the key elements of the KYC on-boarding and assessment process.
- Excellent computer skills. Advanced Excel skills would be an advantage.
- Ability to work on high level analysis and deal with multiple stakeholders across the business.