Our Client, a leading pensions investment house, is keen to identify an experienced Credit Analyst to join their highly regarded Investment Team. The role will be primarily responsible for providing analytical support for managing the Credit Investments portfolio. Candidates should specifically have a manager research background, ideally with coverage of private markets.
Role & Responsibilities
- Assisting with research and selection of credit investment managers and strategies by carrying out due diligence meetings, producing extensive and comprehensive analysis, preparing investment committee papers, and presenting to the investment committee
- Developing and maintaining a database of an investable manager and credit strategy universe, including incumbent managers and investment, within various systems, including middle-office portfolio monitoring tools and client relationship management tools
- Lead on the quarterly performance analysis and produce the quarterly fact sheets that require solid Excel and numerical skills
- Produce Manager Review report that is presented annually to the investment committee and the wider Investments team, which is based on the performance analysis and quarterly update calls
- Monitor cash flows of the Credit portfolio and maintain the cash flow projections model that require solid Excel and numerical skills
- Participate in meetings with prospective managers to constantly monitor the changes in the marketplace to be able to update the Credit team’s market mapping exercise and to identify managers or strategies that would best suit the firm's Credit portfolio
- Assist with producing investment committee papers to propose new investments.
- Analysing and reporting the performance of the Company's Credit portfolio regularly by understanding the different types of credit asset exposures within the portfolio and developments in the global credit markets to determine the key drivers behind the performance.
Background & Experience
- Degree level educated preferably gained within finance, economics or mathematics-related discipline. Possession of post-graduate qualifications is an advantage
- 5 to 7 years of experience in investments or credit analysis gained within a relevant organisation
- Numerate quantitative analytical capabilities including demonstrated capability in the use of Excel
- Advanced skills in using Microsoft Office tools
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Ideally, previous experience and/or interest in manager selection and co-investing
- A willingness to take initiatives and be accountable for a project from start to finish, showing enthusiasm for tasks big and small
- A proactive and self-motivated team player who can manage a high workload with multiple deadlines ensuring expectations are managed throughout
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants responding to our adverts we are regrettably not able to feedback on all applications; only successful candidates will be contacted.