Senior Credit Analyst, Transportation Sector
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 20 Jun 18 2018-06-20
Senior Credit Analyst, Transportation Sector
Senior Credit Analyst - Transportation Sector
The Role: We are looking for a senior credit analyst to join our team, ideally to be based in our London, Frankfurt or Dublin Offices.
- Manage and maintain surveillance on a rating portfolio of about 15 credits in the EMEA Transportation sector, including airlines.
- Perform credit analysis demonstrating the ability to understand and identify key factors that affect issue and issuer credit ratings, through the application of the relevant S&P Global Corporate Ratings criteria.
- Lead new transaction and issuer ratings analysis and deliver outcomes in a timely, orderly and insightful manner.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of industry trends and issues.
- Take responsibility for a portfolio of ratings as a primary analyst.
- Act as backup analyst as required, attending meetings in support of colleagues, providing cover for colleagues who are temporarily unavailable due to holidays or business travel.
- Actively participate in rating committees.
- Attend meetings and interact with senior management of issuers to obtain information upon which to base credit rating decisions.
- Present findings and opinions to a credit rating committee.
- Prepare a variety of material suitable for publication on S&P Global Ratings credit portal and other media (such as rating reports, press releases, and detailed commentaries) sufficient to disseminate and explain our ratings on a timely basis.
- Perform periodic portfolio reviews in conjunction with the rest of the team.
- Participate actively in publishing and investor outreach activities, and take the lead for our analytical education and thought leadership in the EMEA airline sector.
- Share specific analytical expertise, any useful know how, and ideas to support continuous improvement.
- Be an analytical role model for colleagues and junior analysts.
- Maintain integrity of analytical or compliance related databases as appropriate.
The Impact: The individual will be able to demonstrate analytical excellence, and good presentation skills in front of internal and external audiences, and maintain and enhance the quality and timeliness of our analysis. Moreover, you must demonstrate an ability to work at board level and represent S&P Global Ratings in a highly professional manner to global investors. You will be required to prepare and lead meetings with senior management teams to extract and assess information relating to credit quality and to explain our credit rating opinions. Strong presentation and organizational skills are also required to present detailed information and reasoned opinions to our credit rating committees.
The Career Opportunity: This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a high performing analytical team with good potential for professional development.
Your Skills: The successful candidate will have an established track record in credit analysis and will be proficient at doing research and drafting issuer and sector analysis, with strong communication skills (both written and verbal), and a passion for service excellence.
- Relevant experience with a large commercial bank, investment bank, investing institution or an audit company, or other credit institutions, working in the field of corporate credit analysis.
- Have strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of financial statements and accounting concepts.
- Be numerate and accurate with figures and detail orientated with the ability to maintain accuracy whilst complying with deadlines.
- Be proficient at working with financial models.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English are essential.
- Fluency in other European languages will also be an advantage.
- The ability to work both independently and within a team environment is critical.
- Be educated to degree level in a relevant business related field, a relevant Master's degree, CFA or financial qualification would be desirable.
- Be willing to travel, sometimes at short notice.
- Be computer literate having strong Excel/Word/PowerPoint and database application skills. Ability to prepare forecasts based upon reasoned assumptions will be required.
- Possess solid communication skills, verbal and written, as well as the capacity to expand learn and to make a contribution.
- Prior knowledge of the transportation and airline sectors would also be an advantage.