Senior Credit Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page
- 13 Apr 18 2018-04-13
The Senior Credit Manager will be managing the credit risk profile for a portfolio of securitisation/ABS/Covered Bond transactions. This person will work with the business to agree on the risk appetite for their portfolio, engage with front line business teams regarding new transactions, and lead client due diligence.
My client is a leading wholesale bank. This role will be based in their offices in London.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Proactively managing the credit risk profile of the portfolio and ensure that risks are identified, assessed and mitigated to the desired level
- Working closely with front office teams on new transactions, providing risk input on key terms and conditions to ensure the structure is consistent with risk appetite and relevant policies
- Coordinating an efficient and effective credit approval process for all new business to ensure a good customer experience through timely decisions
- Approving credit reviews and new transactions in accordance with delegated authority
The successful Senior Credit Manager will have:
- Credit risk management experience
- Detailed knowledge of the Securitisation / ABS / Covered Bond sectors
- A basic understanding of financial statements for Financial Institutions, such as balance sheets and profit and loss
- An awareness of finance clients and products relevant to the role
- Knowledge of traded products including derivatives and repos, lending, capital markets funding and trade finance activities, as well as their accompanied documentation.
- An understanding of rating agency securitisation / ABS /Covered Bond criteria
- Experience in conducting client due diligence, with the confidence to lead meetings
- Stress testing and financial cash flow modelling experience
- A strong analytical background which can be applied to transaction, structure and counterparty analysis
- A good working knowledge of credit grading models and of credit mitigation techniques
- Experience of preparing credit applications
- Have experience in NPL financing and UK / Pan-European CRE transactions.
This is a permanent role based in London. The Senior Credit Manager position is at Vice President level. My client offers flexible working options to enable a good work/life balance.