- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 01 Oct 17
Senior Credit Manager, Commodities Risk
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Salary: Competitive
Recruitment running from 29th September 2017 to 31st October 2017.
- End to end oversight of credit and operational risk related aspects for the corporate business, supporting the Europe portfolio with footprint in emerging markets
- Approval of credit/ exposure limits for Corporate MNC and Commercial Banking clients, structured trade transactions, Receivables Services and Collateralised Asset Based Transactions, under delegated credit authorities with good turnaround times.
- To ensure that the quality of the credit portfolio of commodities business for Europe is maintained within acceptable parameters as defined by the Credit Initiation & Approval Policy and Portfolio Underwriting Standards, and that the reporting of information relating to that portfolio is timely and accurate.
- Approve BCAs under delegated credit authority.
- Partner with the business to deliver strategic aspirations whilst remaining within agreed risk appetite and optimising use of risk capital.
- To instil a strong credit culture by setting the highest standards and ensuring that these are maintained by all Business teams in country.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- extensive experience of working within global banking industry.
- Strong understanding of credit risk management principles with some background in credit analysis
- Ability to evaluate client business models, identify key risk issues, determine the appropriate risk appetite and structure and take quality, defensible credit decisions.
- Good understanding of documentary trade and supply chain, receivable services, STF and derivative products.
- Relevant experience in client facing or product roles and experience in middle east and asia markets
- Cross segment experience - Commercial, Corporate, MNC would be an added plus
- Candidate should demonstrate and live values like being courageous, responsive, international, creative and trustworthy.
- In-depth understanding of banking policies and procedures.
- Ensure credit approvals are aligned with Bank's strategy and client account plans.
- Ensure global credit policies and procedures are consistently interpreted, understood and applied, and that all deviations are appropriately reported, escalated and approved.
- Ensure the portfolio quality and shape are in line with strategy and appetite through regular review and control of risk parameters/profile with active use of Portfolio Standards, risk appetite, regular portfolio reviews, as well as tangible use of reporting tools.
- Understand sensitivities to key risk drivers and potential stress impact on the portfolio.
- Ensuring that the quality of Business Credit Applications (BCAs) meets Group standards, particularly with regards to the completeness and depth of risk analysis.
- Undertake client visits to better understand the business/client environment.
- Monitoring compliance with credit policy, Portfolio Underwriting Standards and reviewing any divergence thereof with Client Coverage (CIC) Head/Segment Heads to ensure credit quality targets are achieved.
- Ensure adherence to EA/CIC process. Assisting relationship managers in identification and managing up or out of accounts exhibiting signs of deterioration and assist Group Special Assets Management, where appropriate, in managing accounts to maximise recoveries and minimise losses.
- Ensure compliance to the Operational Risk framework including the effective application of risk toolkit (self-assessments, KRIs, KCSs, etc) and reporting.
- Uphold the integrity of risk/return decisions, by challenging business to demonstrate that risk origination and control decisions are properly informed and consistent with strategy.
- Ensure appropriate judgement is applied in the discharge of risk authorities assigned to the jobholder.
- Maintain a good understanding of the requirements of key external stakeholders in respect of risk management and ensure these are well understood internally and reflected in internal procedures.
- Maximizing Economic Revenue through effective management of the risk/reward relationships.
- Maintaining credit quality and standards of professionalism for the risk function.
How To Apply
As part of our commitment to career development, you can search and view opportunities across the organisation and apply immediately for suitable opportunities. When applying, please note the following:
- Please complete your application form online by clicking the 'Apply' button
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online assessment in addition to completing the application form
- Existing line managers will not need to be informed by the employee unless and until you have accepted the job offer
- Your application will be considered together with candidates in the succession plan, talent development plan and external candidates
- Additional screening checks may be required for 'Sensitive Roles' - this is in line with the Bank's Pre-Employment and Pre-Engagement Verification Policy (further information is available from HR)
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 31/10/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.