- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 24 May 18
Senior Credit Risk Analyst # 111104
The Risk Division is a highly visible, dynamic area of the firm where you can be an integral part of the decision making that supports the bank's business. Our responsibilities range from Enterprise Risk management to risk and finance reporting, and regional risk teams covering the risk management for our entities. The Risk division's long-term success depends on our ability to achieve our vision and fulfill our mandate. Ultimately, this depends on the skills, experience and engagement of our employees. We offer a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment that offers direct contact with senior management and encourages leadership at all levels.
Credit Risk Review ("CRR") at Credit Suisse functionally reports to the Board of Directors Risk Committee to provide a timely and independent review of credit exposures (loans & derivatives) and credit risk management practices.
CRR is a high-performing organization focused on close partnership with front office units originating credit, Internal Audit and Credit Risk Management ("CRM"). CRR interacts regularly with other key business partners including the board, senior management and various regulatory agencies. The role holder will be a Senior Credit Risk Review Officer and will ensure that;
- The loan & derivative credit portfolio for which they are responsible has been appropriately reviewed;
- Potential credit weaknesses at the borrower and/or portfolio level have been reported and an appropriate remediation plan is agreed to with the relevant business partners;
- Risks and credit issues are properly reflected in both the local and global risk frameworks as necessary.
- Credit File Review
- Evaluate activities of lending and transaction support personnel in front office and CRM, ensuring compliance with relevant policies, credit approvals, monitoring and risk assessment;
- Review loan underwriting practices including CS Credit Rating, Transaction Rating and Regulatory Rating assignment and adherence to relevant policies;
- Identify loans or other exposures with potential credit weakness and any relevant trends;
- Assess the effectiveness of problem loan management;
- Identify existing and/or emerging risks and credit issues relating to credit quality and management of credit risk including but not limited to:
- gaps in risk rating accuracy, underwriting, credit approval, monitoring, relationship management and credit administration activities
- portfolio concentrations
- trends, overall condition, and emerging risks within the loan and other credit portfolios
- Credit Portfolio Review
- Execute continuous and periodic risk-based loan review programs for all credit portfolios as directed;
- Identify portfolio trends at the sector/industry level;
- When leading a review to manage a team of reviewers;
- Conduct full scope reviews of credit portfolios, and write reports of conclusions and recommendations emanating from the reviews;
- Monitor an assigned portfolio on a continuous basis, conducting transaction reviews of new business, and summarizing results and recommendations in quarterly reports;
- Ensure the aggregate risk profile is understood, is within risk appetite and is reflective of current market conditions and concerns;
- Ensure emerging risks are identified and highlighted to senior management;
- Provide senior management and the Board with an objective assessment of the portfolio.
- Reporting and Interface
- Prepare executive summaries, periodic reports, and presentations summarizing findings and recommendations to Board and its Risk Committee and executive management;
- Recommend policy and procedural changes to executive management and business and credit units to correct deficiencies identified during reviews and strengthen the credit process;
- Develop and implement a program for analysing economic and industry data to identify potential impact on the institution's credit portfolio;
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of credit data and credit tracking systems;
- Provide assistance and consultation to lending and credit personnel, auditors, and regulatory examiners.
- Technical and Professional Skills
- Provides coaching to team members, as necessary;
- Proactive ability to identify and assist execution of improvements in CRR processes;
- Demonstrates strong credit skills and strategic mind-set.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
- She /he will have extensive commercial experience of credit in an underwriting or adjudication capacity (from a leading commercial or investment bank), or as a bank examiner focused on credit;
- You will demonstrate in-depth knowledge of lending products and/or counterparty credit risk will be an advantage;
- Graduate degree in a relevant field of study or equivalent work experience;
- Strong negotiation, verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to handle a significant and diverse workload;
- Able to succeed in a global and diverse team;
- Ability to accept accountability, assume leadership and demonstrate initiative;
- Embody Credit Suisse's Conduct and Ethics Standards (Client Focus, Meritocracy, Stakeholder Management, Accountability, Partner and Transparency);
- You will have the ability to maintain the highest level confidence of Credit Suisse's regulators, CRM, front office business areas, senior management and peers.