Why apply for this role? As a responsible bank, we're committed to managing our risks. You'll be working within the real money asset management sector - composed of regulated and unregulated, Hybrid and Standard Funds
This is a rapidly expanding and evolving sector within Santander London Branch.
In this high-profile role, you'll be reporting to the Head of Funds. You'll be responsible for aspects of the credit risk management of Real Money funds and asset managers' portfolio. It'll be down to you to ensure counterparties are analysed, approved and monitored as required by internal procedures.
If you're someone who's performed a similar role already, this is the perfect opportunity to develop your career
What you'll be doing
- Managing the team to ensure total account management of each client portfolio regarding rating classification of new clients
- Reviewing documents and line sizing of counterparties for OTC derivatives and CDEAs
- Managing, maintaining and monitoring credit exposures and limits for OTC derivative clients & DVP Trading
- Leading negotiations of risk-related terms on product documentation, mitigation and structures with London and Madrid Legal and Collateral departments
- Implementing process and policy improvements discussed in sector meetings and challenging existing process and policy
- Managing the ongoing credit quality of the designated portfolio and ownership of the approvals of committed facilities and structured products
What we're looking for
- Credit expertise across the regulated (and non-regulated, non-hedge fund), Real Money Asset Management industry for European, British and American fund
- Self-starter mind-set and very strong analytical, communication, prioritisation and management information skills
- Excellent accounting, product (Fixed Income and FX derivatives, stock finance & repo), fund and asset manager analysis skills
- Expertise in GMSLA, GMRA, ISDA standards and the common credit mitigation clauses, including recommending mitigants for legal documentation
- Microsoft Office proficiency including Excel and PowerPoint
How we'll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friendly policies visit our website.
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn't stop there. You'll also be part of a vibrant organisation that's been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. When we talk about diversity, we don't just want to pay lip service. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. It's important to us that we create an inclusive culture where everyone counts, and we particularly welcome applications from different underrepresented groups.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.
What to do next
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply on the link below.
Due to high volume of applications we may need to close this role earlier than the advertised date, so recommend submitting an application as soon as possible.