Senior DDQ Specialist
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 22 Jun 18 2018-06-22
Senior DDQ Specialist
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for a Senior DDQ Specialist to join our team based in London or Edinburgh.
What is the DDQ group responsible for?
Our DDQ team are responsible for servicing all information requests from existing clients about our firm and products. We are looking to add to our specialist team within our London or Edinburgh offices to provide renewed dedication to our DDQ requests and service our Global clients. As Senior DDQ Specialist you will have responsibility for completing detailed Due Diligence Questionnaires and complex ad-hoc requests for existing clients focusing on high value clients with holdings in our complex products. Within this role you'll work in a highly interactive environment requiring close teamwork with business partners globally to meet critical timelines. You'll also be instrumental in developing and enhancing written client responses related to detailed product reviews involving fixed income, equity, multi-solutions and alternatives.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of the Senior DDQ Specialist?
Response content development and delivery:
• Collaborate with colleagues and business partners, such as Distribution and Product Management to identify and interpret external client requirements
• Draft, refine and finalise responses, which draw on specific domain expertise, e.g. of the product and/or distribution channel; building external client specific knowledge i.e. their requirements, their investments, and their preferences
• Support customization of external client requirements or specific questions, and drafts new responses for peer review
• Draft responses to highly complex RFP/external client retention requests for review by internal Product Specialists.
• Discuss newly drafted content with business partners in Distribution and Product Management to ensure investment insight is delivered to clients
• Use relationships with senior internal stakeholders and your own understanding to develop responses to complex external client retention requests
• Review peer submissions to ensure consistency with best practice guidelines, and that draft responses meet external client requirements and accurately position the organization
Database content management and global business requirements:
• Independently create original content or update existing content based on emerging requirements or new areas of external client focus, distinguishing between opportunity-specific customization and generic content
• Stay current with product branding and positioning developments to ascertain that funds are positioned with clients accurately and with the appropriate message
• Actively use automation tools, including monitoring and building new knowledge base (Qvidian) content at the vehicle/product level and quality checks involving strategic vendors
• Participate in strategy development meetings where required, including with respect to efforts to introduce advanced automation tools and develop quality control / best practice modules that are adhered to by members of global DDQ team based in other geographies.
What ideal qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
• Extensive content writing experience within asset management RFP, operational due diligence or analytically based financial content writing, preferably in a global environment
• Detailed understanding of institutional and retail distribution channels, plus good knowledge of financial markets globally
• Strong product knowledge across equity, fixed income, real estate and alternatives
• University degree desired ideally in relevant disciplines (e.g. Investments, Finance or Economics).
• CFA or other professional financial qualification or equivalent knowledge would be advantageous
• Good verbal and written communication skills, plus strong proofreading skills
• Ability to interact effectively and professionally at all levels of seniority and across multiple cultures
• Flexible and adaptable, ability to adjust to changes in workflow and succeed in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Meticulous attention to detail, across all aspects of data, language and grammar, and general layout and presentation
• Excellent project management and organization skills, able to manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
• Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint, and experience with advanced automation tools within content database software and online portals that support the digitization of due diligence questionnaire submissions.
• Collaborative, participative interpersonal style, able to work constructively with colleagues across the entire global team
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results. Highlights of our benefits include - contributory pension scheme, private healthcare plan, PHI, life insurance, Employee Stock Investment Program, incentive plans, purchase of company funds with no sales charge, educational reimbursement and on-site training.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities . An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values , and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton."
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.