Senior Data Analyst - Hedgefund / Investment Manager - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Man Group
- 13 Oct 18
Senior Data Analyst (Hedge fund / Investment Management) - London (Data governance / Data quality / Reporting / architecture / Visualisation / Tableau / SQL) Leading Financial Services Organisation would like to hire an experienced Data Analyst to join a new Data Management and Governance function in our London office.
Senior Data Analyst (Hedge fund / Investment Management) - London
(Data governance / Data quality / Reporting / architecture / Visualisation / Tableau / SQL)
Leading Financial Services Organisation would like to hire an experienced Data Analyst to join a new Data Management and Governance function in our London office.
We are looking for an experienced and capable Data Analyst with strong technical experience who will play a key role in driving policy towards developing new processes and practices for our future-state Data Governance strategy.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of Data Governance and Data Quality, excellent technical skills and experience of working with both structured (e.g. databases and applications) and unstructured (e.g. files held on network file shares and SharePoint) data.
You will ideally have experience working with Data Visualisation tools such as Tableau or PowerBI, and a good appreciation of data system architecture.
- Performing detailed data analysis of existing systems including documenting data models (logical/physical), data lineage etc;
- Working closely with the business users to document and understand data analytic requirements;
- Presenting results of data analysis to business users;
- Assisting with ad-hoc data analysis requests - constructing queries/writing scripts to extract the data and interpreting the results.
Essential Knowledge / Experience:
- Stakeholder management skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience of running data analysis workshops with business users;
- SQL query scripting skills (SQL Server advantageous);
- Experience of using scripting languages to extract and manipulate data;
- Experience of data visualisation tools (Power BI and Tableau advantageous);
- Experience working with SQL Server Databases or Oracle RDBMS.
Desirable Knowledge / Experience:
- Experience of working at an investment management firm or hedge fund;
- Experience of MongoDB and/or other NoSQL databases;
- Experience of data management projects undertaken across an enterprise to improve data quality, streamline business processes etc.
For further details please email